July 2022 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
You shouldn’t set first pullet eggs, you shouldn’t set first pullet eggs…. Must.stay.strong. Our WTBs laid their first egg! Either crossed with BCM or Welsummer. I’ve been so anxious to get these in the incubator! Gorgeous olives are missing from our basket

78399F1C-72E0-4923-8D8E-E9B2A5F48D36.jpeg

You shouldn’t set first pullet eggs, you shouldn’t set first pullet eggs…. Must.stay.strong. Our WTBs laid their first egg! Either crossed with BCM or Welsummer. I’ve been so anxious to get these in the incubator! Gorgeous olives are missing from our basket

View attachment 3173347

Beautiful!

I may have gotten a first egg today too -- though 17 weeks is pretty early. I'll do some butt checks tonight to see how the 2 Firstfruits pullets are doing.

The egg in question is tiny, only 26g. It *could* be a first egg or someone else could have had a glitch in production.

Beautiful!

I may have gotten a first egg today too -- though 17 weeks is pretty early. I'll do some butt checks tonight to see how the 2 Firstfruits pullets are doing.

The egg in question is tiny, only 26g. It *could* be a first egg or someone else could have had a glitch in production.
Thank you! I’m very pleased with the initial colour and am interested to see if it changes much

17 weeks is early, but I’ve been seeing quite a few March hatchlings popping first eggs out this week. Would love to hear an update if you feel someone’s ahead of the game ☺️

No more chicks overnight. There's one that pipped yesterday after lunch that has shown no progress since. I fear that one is gone.

I'll give them another day, of course.

Thank you! I’m very pleased with the initial colour and am interested to see if it changes much

17 weeks is early, but I’ve been seeing quite a few March hatchlings popping first eggs out this week. Would love to hear an update if you feel someone’s ahead of the game ☺️

I did a pelvic bone check last night and one of the March chicks was a little looser than the other, but neither were up to 2 fingers yet. I think it must be a wind egg from one of the adults.

I have a WTB that is 2 yrs old and her egg color hasn't changed a bit, very good layer and lovely personality 😊
Betty

Attachments

• 20220201_170850.jpg
    20220201_170850.jpg
    953.6 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom