July 2022 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Luckily they seem to be doing well so far, but it’s a dry heat. I spent so much time focusing on getting cold hardy breeds since it gets super cold in winter and did not think summer through very well 😕

I have to remember that my normal summer weather is 95F and often comes with 95% humidity. :(

I have to remember that my normal summer weather is 95F and often comes with 95% humidity. :(
Ditto that!
My Satins and Silkies are doing pretty well. I do give them lots of extra cold treats and stopped giving them cracked corn during this heat.
I would imagine a Cochin is fairly similar to what i have right?

Yeah, I try to pick out cold hearty breeds as well, and ended up with chickens that aren't too happy in the summer.

I have a bit of a dillema, any thoughts?
My chicken eggs go into lockdown tonight, and I won't be opening the bator. Should I worry about not being able to turn my guinea eggs for a few days? They'll hatch a week after the chickens.

Yeah, I try to pick out cold hearty breeds as well, and ended up with chickens that aren't too happy in the summer.

I have a bit of a dillema, any thoughts?
My chicken eggs go into lockdown tonight, and I won't be opening the bator. Should I worry about not being able to turn my guinea eggs for a few days? They'll hatch a week after the chickens.
Ugh idk anything other than staggered hatches in incubator are difficult!
I had to buy a second incubator cuz I did that at beginning of year.
I'll let someone who knows bouy guinea eggs say what's best for em.

Back
Top Bottom