July 2022 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
I didn’t want to stack and have eggs move and accidentally crack one another. It didn’t affect the hatch rate, the only two I kept in the middle the entire 5 days were an EE with a weird air cell that ended up being clear and a super scrambled and bubbly yolk egg they didn’t have a chance. The other 4 eggs were only there one day. Every morning I just switched what other 4 were in the middle, and I know for sure all the Olive Eggers spent a day or two there & all 3 hatched.
Thank you. You had holes in the bottom of the egg carton pieces you said right?

Well, it's officially too late for me to get my googies today. Let's hope they get here before noon tomorrow so I don't end up waiting til Monday. I haven't gotten any notifications about them since midnight last night. It just says they're in transit. Sigh. The lack of news is hard to deal with. I'm worried about them :(
I'm so sorry! Prayin you get that call first thing in morning!

Well, it's officially too late for me to get my googies today. Let's hope they get here before noon tomorrow so I don't end up waiting til Monday. I haven't gotten any notifications about them since midnight last night. It just says they're in transit. Sigh. The lack of news is hard to deal with. I'm worried about them :(

That’s terrible. I’m so sorry you’re experiencing this. Hopefully you get the call before they open tomorrow. :fl

Any additional scans since your post? If you don’t hear from them it would be worth to swinging by and talking to the PO in person. The eggs I’m incubating right now last updated as “out with carrier”. When in fact they were sitting at the post office the whole day. I’ve never had a package completely miss the destination facility scan but I’m sure it could happen.

I took my kids to our local aviary today. Total incubator envy! 😍🐣
19125610-2CB2-4036-8610-89C67C424A24.jpeg 0C87BF40-BD2C-4BCF-9ADB-785E23678D8D.jpeg

That’s terrible. I’m so sorry you’re experiencing this. Hopefully you get the call before they open tomorrow. :fl

Any additional scans since your post? If you don’t hear from them it would be worth to swinging by and talking to the PO in person. The eggs I’m incubating right now last updated as “out with carrier”. When in fact they were sitting at the post office the whole day. I’ve never had a package completely miss the destination facility scan but I’m sure it could happen.

Nope, still haven't had anymore scans. It's been 23 hrs since the last one, and it was coming from a distribution facility about 3.5 hrs away, so I feel like it should've gotten here by now. I called the PO today and made sure they made note of my expected package and to be sure they'd hold it for pickup, and gave them my phone number to call. I really hope I get the call early in the morning, but if I don't, I'm heading up there as soon as they open. Maybe I'll have the notification that it's there when I wake up. But for now, I'm gonna try to get some sleep. Wish me luck! :fl

I feel I am normally a patient person. LOL but darn if this whole hatching thing isn't a bunch of waiting and I am so NOT patient for it.

for me this time:

Waiting for the eggs to ship (took FOREVER with delays before they even mailed them)

Waiting to put then in the incubator (because of shipping delays and a planned trip I have to wait to set them)

Then waiting for fist candle to see if they are doing anything

more waiting to check again

waiting to put them in lockdown

the LONGEST 2-3 days EVER after lock down with waiting for a pip

Then the LONGEST (hopefully) under 24 hrs waiting for them to hatch..

Hopefully where it is the weekend the 2.5 days till I set them will go fast! and I work on Mon so will set them after work so if they hatch Sun hopefully I will already be home to see some. And if they hatch Mon I should be home most of the day.

Nope, still haven't had anymore scans. It's been 23 hrs since the last one, and it was coming from a distribution facility about 3.5 hrs away, so I feel like it should've gotten here by now. I called the PO today and made sure they made note of my expected package and to be sure they'd hold it for pickup, and gave them my phone number to call. I really hope I get the call early in the morning, but if I don't, I'm heading up there as soon as they open. Maybe I'll have the notification that it's there when I wake up. But for now, I'm gonna try to get some sleep. Wish me luck! :fl
can you see an "expected by" when you track it? one of mine didn't update after they shipped Wed besides it left their local PO. then nothing till late late last night saying it was at the main PO here and then on the way to my PO. BUT it said expected delivery of Fri 6/24 and that is when it came even though nothing updated from Wed until late Thurs/early Fri (think around 11:30-3am but can't remember exactly. Hopefully that is what will happen with yours tonight.

I feel I am normally a patient person. LOL but darn if this whole hatching thing isn't a bunch of waiting and I am so NOT patient for it.

for me this time:

Waiting for the eggs to ship (took FOREVER with delays before they even mailed them)

Waiting to put then in the incubator (because of shipping delays and a planned trip I have to wait to set them)

Then waiting for fist candle to see if they are doing anything

more waiting to check again

waiting to put them in lockdown

the LONGEST 2-3 days EVER after lock down with waiting for a pip

Then the LONGEST (hopefully) under 24 hrs waiting for them to hatch..

Hopefully where it is the weekend the 2.5 days till I set them will go fast! and I work on Mon so will set them after work so if they hatch Sun hopefully I will already be home to see some. And if they hatch Mon I should be home most of the day.
I'm the same way. Infinitely patient in all other areas of my life, but when it comes to hatching, I'm like a kid on Xmas, staring at the clock, the calendar, the incubator....goin nuts hoping for SOMETHING to happen. It's maddening. But I love it :love

Back
Top Bottom