July 2022 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
can you see an "expected by" when you track it? one of mine didn't update after they shipped Wed besides it left their local PO. then nothing till late late last night saying it was at the main PO here and then on the way to my PO. BUT it said expected delivery of Fri 6/24 and that is when it came even though nothing updated from Wed until late Thurs/early Fri (think around 11:30-3am but can't remember exactly. Hopefully that is what will happen with yours tonight.
Yeah, it says by Saturday 9pm, but I'm just so worried they won't be here til after my little podunk post office closes and I won't be able to get them for two more days. I'm not 100% sure how fresh the eggs were when she sent them. I'm just panicking a bit about it. I'm sure they'll be OK (or at least I hope they will be) but it's not stopping me from worrying like crazy.

I feel I am normally a patient person. LOL but darn if this whole hatching thing isn't a bunch of waiting and I am so NOT patient for it.

for me this time:

Waiting for the eggs to ship (took FOREVER with delays before they even mailed them)

Waiting to put then in the incubator (because of shipping delays and a planned trip I have to wait to set them)

Then waiting for fist candle to see if they are doing anything

more waiting to check again

waiting to put them in lockdown

the LONGEST 2-3 days EVER after lock down with waiting for a pip

Then the LONGEST (hopefully) under 24 hrs waiting for them to hatch..

Hopefully where it is the weekend the 2.5 days till I set them will go fast! and I work on Mon so will set them after work so if they hatch Sun hopefully I will already be home to see some. And if they hatch Mon I should be home most of the day.
Yes!!! I love this! I might also add:

Waiting to figure out pullets or roos.

Waiting for the first eggs.

Might as well start hatching those eggs. Since you have them and had to work so hard up to this point. And the cycle continues…

Yes!!! I love this! I might also add:

Waiting to figure out pullets or roos.

Waiting for the first eggs.

Might as well start hatching those eggs. Since you have them and had to work so hard up to this point. And the cycle continues…
LOL so true! I almost kept going but stopped after hatching.

Right now with my 10 weeks old (bought not hatched) I am in the pullet or Roo stage, bought as pullets but we know how that can go. and 1 of my 6 weeks old (the other I am 99% sure is a roo, then 2nd I am about 90% sure but mainly because of how slow it is to feather since it still isn't fully feathered and has like NO tail still. LOL). Then the 1 week old I am waiting to see how she/he feathers out since it is interesting looking as a chick. hahaa (the 1.5 week olds right now are just there looking cute. :) )

I feel I am normally a patient person. LOL but darn if this whole hatching thing isn't a bunch of waiting and I am so NOT patient for it.

for me this time:

Waiting for the eggs to ship (took FOREVER with delays before they even mailed them)

Waiting to put then in the incubator (because of shipping delays and a planned trip I have to wait to set them)

Hopefully where it is the weekend the 2.5 days till I set them will go fast! and I work on Mon so will set them after work so if they hatch Sun hopefully I will already be home to see some. And if they hatch Mon I should be home most of the day.
Definitely a lesson in patience, this incubating thing!😊

Yeah, it says by Saturday 9pm, but I'm just so worried they won't be here til after my little podunk post office closes and I won't be able to get them for two more days. I'm not 100% sure how fresh the eggs were when she sent them. I'm just panicking a bit about it. I'm sure they'll be OK (or at least I hope they will be) but it's not stopping me from worrying like crazy.
Fingers crossed they arrive tomorrow. 😊
Agree, It is so nerve wracking waiting for eggs or chicks in the mail.

Hey, BTW, does anyone have eggs due to hatch at the beginning of the month? I've noticed we're a little short on updates from those folks. Any candling pics? Come on, let those of us still waiting for our "googies" as I call them to live vicariously thru you in the meantime!
I have 8 under a novice but determined broody, due to hatch 1 July.

Well since my June chicks hatched and now have an empty incubator and a refrigerator full of hatching eggs, I did the most sensible thing and set them in the incubator for an additional hatch! 🤣
Set 15 eggs that will be due to hatch on July 15. Oldest collected eggs this go round are eight days, so they should be good.😊
U didnt! Oh me!!!
Are you able to sell most of em still once hatched?

for me this time:

I take it there was a little waiting in the process 🤣

Back
Top Bottom