July 2022 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
I had 2.or 3 this time with detached air cells....I kept em in and they weren't bad enough that they caused a problem yet.
Day 12 candling showed good results of them reattached.
Time will tell though.
I do have a couple saddled air cells that are doin well too!
Are these saddled or fully detached? Fully detached to me means they roll to the top however the egg is tilted. Either way I’m happy they’re developing for you.

So, an update after pondering the situation for a spell....I had all the eggs sitting upright in the egg turner for the last 24 hrs. Decided to remove the turner and hand turn all the eggs with decent air cells and put the other 12 in an egg carton air cell up. At what point can I expect to see them reattach if they do? And is there a safe time window to start turning the scary ones? I read about 48 hrs, does that sound right? Or should I wait and see if they reattach before starting to turn them?

So, an update after pondering the situation for a spell....I had all the eggs sitting upright in the egg turner for the last 24 hrs. Decided to remove the turner and hand turn all the eggs with decent air cells and put the other 12 in an egg carton air cell up. At what point can I expect to see them reattach if they do? And is there a safe time window to start turning the scary ones? I read about 48 hrs, does that sound right? Or should I wait and see if they reattach before starting to turn them?
As the air cells grow the cells stabilize quite a bit. You will have some positive changes by about a week. Depending on how saddled they are they could always look wonky though. Even when stabilized well.

How are you intending to turn the scary ones? Just tip side to side in cartons? I’d start that as soon as you are comfortable. Either right away or after the 48 hours. Or are you hoping to eventually put them on their sides as well? If they’re bad they may never tolerate that. You’ll know because if you tip them horizontal they’ll immediately resaddle even after stabilizing.

As the air cells grow the cells stabilize quite a bit. You will have some positive changes by about a week. Depending on how saddled they are they could always look wonky though. Even when stabilized well.

How are you intending to turn the scary ones? Just tip side to side in cartons? I’d start that as soon as you are comfortable. Either right away or after the 48 hours. Or are you hoping to eventually put them on their sides as well? If they’re bad they may never tolerate that. You’ll know because if you tip them horizontal they’ll immediately resaddle even after stabilizing.
Yeah, I was just gonna tilt them. I'm debating whether or not to ever put them on their sides. I guess I'll check at about 7 days and see if they've stabilized and stay that way when horizontal. If so, I may put them on their sides. If not, I'll leave them upright. I guess it'll depend on how they do. I'm using a plastic egg carton. Didn't have a cardboard one on hand. Should I have put holes in the bottom for ventilation, or will they be ok as is?

Same question. Fully detached and rolling around the egg or saddled?
it was fully detached. I almost didn't set it. It did end up attaching at some point but I just put it in the incubator like normal and let it do its thing since I figured it had zero chance anyways. once it attached it was quit saddled. But yes it floated from bottom to top of the egg. wasn't bubbly though I did have one of those and that didn't develop.

Back
Top Bottom