July 2022 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
This candler from Amazon. It was a gift! It was plug-in only, which I wouldn’t like for candling outside, but I’m glad I didn’t have to worry about the batteries dying.

HBlife Bright Cool LED Light Egg Candler Tester for Watching Eggs Development, with 2 Soft Rubber Attachments for Eggs, Powered by Power Cord Only https://a.co/d/aSeRKU8
Thanks. I keep looking at them but haven't done it yet. But the flashlight is so hard since the eggs don't block all the light.

This one was great because it had a little rubber ring attachment you could put on and right up to the egg. I was very impressed for $16 that it worked as well as it did!
after going back and forth I went with the magicfly rechargeable mainly because I don't have an open outlet near my incubator with out unplugging something..... It will be here Fri.

Now do I use my flashlight and try to block as much light (or the incubator light) tomorrow night at day 3 and hope to see something..... Or wait for the candler on Fri day 4 when I really should see something if anything is going on......

after going back and forth I went with the magicfly rechargeable mainly because I don't have an open outlet near my incubator with out unplugging something..... It will be here Fri.

Now do I use my flashlight and try to block as much light (or the incubator light) tomorrow night at day 3 and hope to see something..... Or wait for the candler on Fri day 4 when I really should see something if anything is going on......
🤔decisions decisions

Prue did not get off her nest yesterday, which was day 18, when I checked on her she was just clucking softly in her nest. I'm glad no one knew I was walking back and forth examining the run looking for a giant broody poo🤣 A guy at my work said he just hatched with a broody and they hatched 2 days early, I'm going to check before I go to work and again while I'm doing errands for work, if they're hatching I'm going to become suddenly ill, lol

Prue did not get off her nest yesterday, which was day 18, when I checked on her she was just clucking softly in her nest. I'm glad no one knew I was walking back and forth examining the run looking for a giant broody poo🤣 A guy at my work said he just hatched with a broody and they hatched 2 days early, I'm going to check before I go to work and again while I'm doing errands for work, if they're hatching I'm going to become suddenly ill, lol
OMGeeze if one of my babies went broody I'd have to take a vacation for hatching til they were all safe and sound!!!
I can't imagine...and can't wait! Oh the excitement! Which baby will get to have babies first!?! 😃

Mine like to hatch on day 20 for some reason. both under a broody and in an incubator. But both times a broody has hatched one they have gotten off the nest after it externally pipped. I keep hearing others say theirs don't so maybe mine a broken? LOL

good luck and can't wait to see pictures of the babies!!!!! Let's go babies!

Back
Top Bottom