July 2022 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Wait until dark? No, you go into to very dark closet in the middle of the day if you have to!🤣

The sun sets too late at night this time of year to wait until dark. I'm candling in the closet.

I figured out a setup with a chair, a tray table, and a kitchen stool to hold things safely.

OMGeeze! What an amazing setup you got!!! $400 for each peafowl?! Amazing!

I'm so thankful for @LadiesAndJane for all her help, guidance and patience with me in a rough hatch...and it was only my 3rd! But when the eggs traveled nearly 5000 miles I was amazed they made it here I'm tact much less hatched!
Prior to her help i had only assisted one in the past and they for the most part were out except the shell had dried like concrete to its little head which was causing it to not be able to move much.
The couple she helped me assist with did amazing! It actually was ones I didn't help with that ended up having problems and/or dieing couple hours after hatch during night for whatever reason.
Since then I have really kept a close eye on my incubators and I have the separate thermostats to double check them against as well.
I am super excited bout havin silkies again! And prayin I don't get any more wild hairs to do something beyond my ability (breeding projects)!
You are too kind.❤️
Excited to see what hatches this time around for you!😀

Oh, I also got some little trays and some shelf liner (FINALLY!) to put my eggs in at lockdown so I don't have to flinch every time a newly hatched chick tries to play soccer with the unhatched ones. I swear it affects my hatch rate cuz they get spun into the wrong position, so I wanted to see if hatch rate improves when they are all safe in their little trays. Can't wait to see how they work!
Pics of lil trays please!?! Can't remember what incubator u got so not sure if that would help in my circular one or not

Hi everyone. On Wednesday night I set a dozen shipped black Ameraucana bantam eggs. Of all the shipped eggs these were the best I ever received. She put the eggs in a foam egg shippers, air cushions around the top, bottom, and sides of box then newspaper in the gaps. Air cells looked good on arrival. Travel was from Nebraska to northern NY.
I’ve never hatched this late. I worry about the heat and humidity being so different from when I normally hatch in April. I’m incubating in my brinsea ovation 56, I have temp at 99.5, 45% humidity and I didn’t turn for 1st 12hrs now turning every 60 minutes.

This is one of the first 2 to hatch❤

Attachments

• 20220701_083738.jpg
    20220701_083738.jpg
    507.6 KB · Views: 2
Pics of lil trays please!?! Can't remember what incubator u got so not sure if that would help in my circular one or not
I'll take some when I get home. They're pretty long, so don't know if they'd work in a circular bator...I only paid $2.50 for 4 of them at the dollar store tho, which is awesome.

I'll take some when I get home. They're pretty long, so don't know if they'd work in a circular bator...I only paid $2.50 for 4 of them at the dollar store tho, which is awesome.
Here ya go, @Gammas Bearded Babies
20220701_104917.jpg 20220701_104952.jpg

I figure I can fit somewhere between 4-6 in each tray...not sure how much room to leave for them to hatch, since I've never used something like this before. It's gonna be a learning experience, for sure.

Back
Top Bottom