July 2022 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
So precious!!! Are these marans...couldn't remember if you had said before or not but thought you had quite a few of those!

No, these *should* all be Australorps.

I tried to hatch only Australorp eggs this time but can't rule out having gotten one from the Java or, if any foot feathers show up, from the Cochin.

Hatch day is Wednesday (night)
I just candled....13 out of 14 look amazing and only 1 questionable. Not bad for 18 shipped eggs from Maryland to TN!
I am sooooooo tempted to take turner out and put in shelf liner now!!!
Too excited to get my silkies back and showgirls and maybe a frizzle! And praying the 2 buffs both hatch and are girls!!! My hatches NEVER have buffs!!
Should I so it?! Or wait til tonight or tomorrow?

Hatch day is Wednesday (night)
I just candled....13 out of 14 look amazing and only 1 questionable. Not bad for 18 shipped eggs from Maryland to TN!
I am sooooooo tempted to take turner out and put in shelf liner now!!!
Too excited to get my silkies back and showgirls and maybe a frizzle! And praying the 2 buffs both hatch and are girls!!! My hatches NEVER have buffs!!
Should I so it?! Or wait til tonight or tomorrow?
I think you should do whatever feels right. I don't think locking down a touch early will make much difference. I'd maybe wait to try upping the humidity til tonight or tomorrow tho, if it were me. But I don't think it'll hurt to go ahead and stop turning now. It's up to you!

I think you should do whatever feels right. I don't think locking down a touch early will make much difference. I'd maybe wait to try upping the humidity til tonight or tomorrow tho, if it were me. But I don't think it'll hurt to go ahead and stop turning now. It's up to you!
Oh yeah I wasn't gonna crank it up til in morning and open the vents then...just wondered bout setting em now.
I get all excited at the beginning...then I can usually put em in back of my mind til day or so before lockdown...then I get all antsy and excited!
I'll wait and so it tonight just to be safe.
I'm super excited 2 of the 3 questionable ones look good now! I'm always amazed how that happens...and typically one of my questionable "bad" eggs will hatch first!
Agh!!! Can't wait!
Guess I need to get brooders and heat plate all cleaned up and ready!

Back
Top Bottom