July 2022 Hatch-A-Long

I had to go downstairs at night after my kids gone to bed to spend sometime with them lol had to wake then up from the dark room 😂😂
My kids love spending time with them after breakfast to feed them some eggs and corn.

They are really fun to watch. I usually take them outside in an enclosed run during the day when it's nice out
I miss having them inside! But they were in my 17 yr olds room and she was done with it plus they were outgrowing the indoor brooder. Plus I find it easy to integrate them using the coop brooder (I did it with my 17 week olds that I bought and they were out with the big ones at 4 weeks old). But it is so much easier just to go in and see them when they are in the house instead of in the coop! now I have to watch for the teen chickens when the babies come running out of their brooder. LOL And if I go out at "bedtime" it is dark and if I put a light on I wake up ALL the chickens and that is just a mess. LOL

I miss having them inside! But they were in my 17 yr olds room and she was done with it plus they were outgrowing the indoor brooder. Plus I find it easy to integrate them using the coop brooder (I did it with my 17 week olds that I bought and they were out with the big ones at 4 weeks old). But it is so much easier just to go in and see them when they are in the house instead of in the coop! now I have to watch for the teen chickens when the babies come running out of their brooder. LOL And if I go out at "bedtime" it is dark and if I put a light on I wake up ALL the chickens and that is just a mess. LOL
Ohhh I hear you. Sometimes I just want them to be all outside but other times it's nice to see them in the evening when everyone is gone to bed and house is quiet lol. I'm looking forward for them to grow big enough to free range a bit. We have our front yard graded now I'm kinda regretting it lol old overgrown alder bushes are good cover for the chickens when they free range away from the predators

Can't believe they are 10 days old already! Mama is doing great with them. Started doing 1:1 meet n greets with the older hens for about 15 min at a time. Couple got mama on them but most did fine, even eating and drinking with babies! This weekend we will open up their space and let them and mama out with the rest for some integrating, they will be 2 weeks hopefully that is good.
Beautiful colors on those babies!

Three weeks old tomorrow
It's fun to watch them grow. This is my first hatch. Hopefully the coop will be finished on time before they are getting too big lol
Im trying to find out who their parents might be lol it's a bunch of barn yard mix plus four RIR
I luv it when the babies try to roosts on edge of the cardboard LOL! Cute babies ya got!

@Gammas Bearded Babies
Your little silkies are so adorable!

Here's pics of my hatch. I think all of my faves are roosters. I didn't get blue laced red W-dottes like I was supposed to, my Legbar is a roo, and I can't even tell what chicks are what, even with pictures. Who knows what I got, other than a definite legbar, isbar, copper maran, and deathlayer. I love everyone very much, but I was really hoping for W-dottes.
IMG_0373.jpg

Aerial view of them all.
IMG_0374.jpg

Saw that one of you, I think @FreedomFarm13 , was debating on the name Ethel? Well, I loved that. One in the middle is Ethel, who I think is a roo, and I have no idea what he/she is breedwise. One on the left is a barred rock rooster (where did that come from!?).
IMG_0375.jpg

Thor the cream legbar, and Peanut the guinea.
IMG_0376.jpg

Twixy the guinea, the yellow (Victoria) is a mutt, Marvin the Copper Maran, I don't know what the fluffy black one (Oney) is, and our first hatcher. Marvin and the first hatcher I think are roos.

(Not Pictured)
Loki - Golden deathlayer
Lottie - Mutt or Swedish flower, maybe
Lola - NOT a W-dotte
Maybe more?

@Tretinker

@Gammas Bearded Babies

Here's pics of my hatch. I think all of my faves are roosters. I didn't get blue laced red W-dottes like I was supposed to, my Legbar is a roo, and I can't even tell what chicks are what, even with pictures. Who knows what I got, other than a definite legbar, isbar, copper maran, and deathlayer. I love everyone very much, but I was really hoping for W-dottes.
View attachment 3218073
Aerial view of them all.
View attachment 3218074
Saw that one of you, I think @FreedomFarm13 , was debating on the name Ethel? Well, I loved that. One in the middle is Ethel, who I think is a roo, and I have no idea what he/she is breedwise. One on the left is a barred rock rooster (where did that come from!?).
View attachment 3218076
View attachment 3218077
Twixy the guinea, the yellow (Victoria) is a mutt, Marvin the Copper Maran, I don't know what the fluffy black one (Oney) is, and our first hatcher. Marvin and the first hatcher I think are roos.

(Not Pictured)
Loki - Golden deathlayer
Lola - NOT a W-dotte
Maybe more?

@Tretinker
Could the one you think is a barred rock be an olive egger?

I luv it when the babies try to roosts on edge of the cardboard LOL! Cute babies ya got!
I need to add some sticks and stuff in their now. Lol they really trying to roost lol some like to stand on the watering can which makes the water poopy ...

I can't wait to see what they are going to turn into lol. I'm trying to guess what they are since they are barnyard mix.

@Gammas Bearded Babies

View attachment 3218073
Aerial view of them all.
View attachment 3218074
View attachment 3218076
View attachment 3218077

(Not Pictured)
Loki - Golden deathlayer
Lola - NOT a W-dotte
Maybe more?

@Tretinker
Yay!!! An Ethel, I love it!!! My babies are 3 weeks and 2 weeks now. Older ones are in the coop brooder and the younger ones will be next week. I haven't gotten pics of them for about a week, but they are due for a photo shoot. Definitely have at least 2 boys, a wheaten and blue wheaten ameraucana...might be a 3rd splash wheaten boy, but it's hard to tell. The rest, I have no idea. The Silvers, which I thought would be easier to tell by now are still a toss up, but I think I might have a boy and a girl, which would be cool. A couple of the Marans from my 2nd hatch are getting pretty large combs, but no obvious boys there yet. They're all really good babies though, no real troublemakers...yet, lol. I love them 💗

Back
Top Bottom