June Hatch-A-Long

Well I got them from TSC so they’re not the fancy kind where people have a blue egg layer and cross it with a chocolate egg layer or anything.

I made this little graphic months ago just for fun. All of them are starting to lay the lightest color out of the three pictured

I love those eggs! I think they're very pretty!

Here’s a better pic of yesterday’s baby, as promised.

Attachments

• 510928EA-459F-4111-9EAC-214190043DAE.jpeg
    510928EA-459F-4111-9EAC-214190043DAE.jpeg
    412.5 KB · Views: 13
I saw the page about the person with the duck choosing a bad place to lay, I had a duck one time she chose to lay infront of the coop door, and it was raining. I put the eggs under a black frizzle, and she hatched them out. When the ducks got older, they would see the fizzle mother and do the duck head dip to her in respect.

Day 5 candling. ( this was Friday) I have no idea what I am looking for or at, but here are a couple of pictures. Sorry, I didn’t get more or better. Best I could get w broody and kid w camera. Of 12 eggs, I think 8 look like the pics online say they are suppose to. The others are questionabl, but dark eggs. I had planned to look again at day 7, but tropical storm Christobal has other plans. I would love opinions. The first 2, I think look like they should. The 3rd is a questionable.
704089B3-B35F-42B8-88ED-33040761F3AA.jpeg F7CE8CE7-2E54-4480-B57C-26DB3D2EAF96.jpeg 98E7E83A-0F4D-45C9-8D4A-1051F7512B58.jpeg

Whaaaaaat.

my flock leader proven broody killed another. And BUSTED OUT OF THE COVERED NEST BOX. She met me at the fence clucking and I knew shit hit the fan. Two lucky little eggs have not started to pip yet under her and I put those under the other broody. I bet she has 8 or 9 eggs. That means if I call the two stepped on late term chicks as intentional earlier this week, she killed 5 hatching chicks over several days. Maybe 6 if the one under the other broody actually makes it. I probably should have fired up the incubator for that one but hindsight is 20/20. I also should ripped those eggs from the awful broody and ripped her head off too.

did I say that out loud?

Whaaaaaat.

my flock leader proven broody killed another. And BUSTED OUT OF THE COVERED NEST BOX. She met me at the fence clucking and I knew shit hit the fan. Two lucky little eggs have not started to pip yet under her and I put those under the other broody. I bet she has 8 or 9 eggs. That means if I call the two stepped on late term chicks as intentional earlier this week, she killed 5 hatching chicks over several days. Maybe 6 if the one under the other broody actually makes it. I probably should have fired up the incubator for that one but hindsight is 20/20. I also should ripped those eggs from the awful broody and ripped her head off too.

did I say that out loud?
Oh dear, it has just been a sh***y few weeks there huh. Peeps be loosing their minds!
I'm so sorry.

Whaaaaaat.

did I say that out loud?
So sorry for your losses! Sounds like you may be having chicken soup for dinner...

Back
Top Bottom