June Hatch-A-Long

Actually, I used to have horrible back trouble when I was your age--as in I couldn't even breathe deeply without causing myself excruciating pain. I don't have that now, at 61. I get backaches sometimes, but nothing like when I was a youngling. 🤷‍♀️ And I wasn't heavy then, so it's not because of having lost weight. If it's a matter of developing pain tolerance... all I can say about that is WOW. If that's the case, I've gained a heluva lot of pain tolerance.
I have high pain tolerance, but when it spasms when I stand up it almost knocks me to my knees. I laid with a heating pad all day and read.

It’s cute now until it’s bigger. My aunt had to go to the hospital for stitches because of a wild goose 😂
I knooooooow. I feel like this one is sort of hard wired? I can handle it but I don’t want her chasing my kid. It’s a girl, though, so I think she is just setting boundaries with the dog.

I’m sure I could rehome her easily. Hmmmmm.

one of my goslings goes after my dog. Whaaaaaat. She is 7 days old. I like the idea of a guard goose but I also don’t. :oops:

it’s currently hilarious but I think it will be too much to handle.

View attachment 2214187
Awww.....he's protecting his papa from the monster! 🤭

edit: I mean she! (psst...you go girlfriend!!)

I'm staring to get confused where to post updates since I'm spread over the June and July HALs! Pardon my repeating myself for those in the July thread.

Got a new brighter handheld flashlight today and used it to gently peek at my Biele eggs while leaving them in the bator. It's only day 3 1/2 but I can see some small red spiders! Yay!
In order to help the jiggly air cells I'm doing my best to keep my hands off these eggs. A proper candling and maybe a weigh in won't be until day 7, but I'm cautiously optimistic to see something happening in there.

:ya

14 out of my original 18 eggs have just gone into lockdown. I candled when I took them out of the turner, and I have some very wiggly chicks in some of those eggs. I may come to regret this decision, but I moved my incubator to my bedroom. I didn’t feel like the laundry room was the best place to have them anymore, and my room was really the only other option. At least this way I won’t miss anything. I wasn’t planning on sleeping much when they hatch anyway.

I know you asked FortCluck, but I use Chicken Hill elastic leg bands. I have medium and large, the mediums fit day olds and after about a week or two I have to upgrade to large. These will get them to 4/6 weeks when I will use something heavier like a zip tie.. they have them on amazon.

This is what I use as well.

one of my goslings goes after my dog. Whaaaaaat. She is 7 days old. I like the idea of a guard goose but I also don’t. :oops:

it’s currently hilarious but I think it will be too much to handle.

View attachment 2214187

Lol! Oh my goodness that is one confident little gosling! I've had some angry geese in front of me but they never bite me... just luck maybe? Maybe it's because I'm unfazed and they're freaked out by how comfortable I am with them hissing and lowering their head at me. :lau
Certain breeds are definitely more protective than others though!

Maybe it's because I'm unfazed and they're freaked out by how comfortable I am with them hissing and lowering their head at me. :lau
Ohmygoodness! You spelled and used the word "fazed" correctly! Thank you!!!
1593231678740.gif
This may be the first time in internet history!
:wee
1593232066835.gif
:wee

Back
Top Bottom