JUNE - JULY HATCH-ALONG!!!!!!!

Same. My solution was to buy a bigger one... Those who say backyard chickens are free eggs, obviously haven't been hit with the incubator-mania. :gig

I have 5 Incubators now. :lau In my defense they're mostly smaller Incubators, 1 was given to me, and 1 was used and only $15, how could I pass that up?! Lol!

:lau LOL!!! Now that's a full incubator!!! Have you considered possibly taking a thick book and gently putting it under one side of the incubator and switching sides a few times a day? When my friend first got started that was her egg turning method of choice because she didn't have an auto turner...she said with quail she would just shift the incubator across the counter and they rolled. LOL! And here we are buying these fancy incubators with nice features and turners...
I would if I kept it this full.

I have turners for 56 eggs and there’s 65 here. I normally let shipped eggs sit in The incubator three days without turning anyway. I’m going to let these sit 4, because those 30 eggs that came today .... I didn’t rest. They’re my test to see if you really need to rest them outside the incubator if you don’t turn them inside the incubator.

Don’t you love when you have so many “experiments” going on with zero control aspects? Oops.

Anyway, I figure after those 4 days I will probably have 9 infertiles I can toss and Just use the auto turners. If I don’t I’ll go to plan B.

Also I just reread this and WHAT IN THE WORLD AM I DOING WITH AN INCUBATOR WITH SIXTY FIVE EGGS.

i have a problem but I guess I’m in the right place. :lau:caf

Twins! :love She said they were mostly from the Blue/Blue Pied split pen...I think she has a sneaky white peacock. lol! Looks like I'll be taping some feet, they're hatching with their toes pretty wonky and I made a safety hole as a precaution in the 3rd egg because it still wasn't externally pipped but I can see the internal pip, plenty of movement, and peeping so I'm hoping it still hatches without issue! Who knows, maybe it will be a Blue Pied peachick. lol! I don't mind, I'm actually really excited about the White peachicks because they're a lot less common and I won't have any trouble finding homes for them!

7-13-19 (15).JPG

Well, this hatch is all done. I got three beautiful healthy chicks from the nine eggs that I rescued from under an Orpington hen who was a good sitter and a murderous mother.

I feel it's successful, because I only paid for five eggs from Papa's Poultry- the rest were generous extras. And I know I've got one hen (the CCL), and I'm nearly positive the dark-combed Marans is also a pullet. The blue Marans has a yellower comb and is slower feathering (no tail yet, at nine days), so it may be a little roo ... but the comb is small, and the legs aren't especially thick. Maybe three little pullets?

It was 88 degrees, so they got to play outside today. In the second pic, you can see the mean mama giving the chicks the side eye. :gig

IMG_5760.JPG IMG_5772.JPG IMG_E5807.JPG IMG_E5877.JPG ,

I have shipped Welsh harlequin eggs under a broody duck. Started with 15, down to 12 so far. We're on day 14 expected around July 6. I'm going to be putting some of them in the incubator now that it's free and she's an unproven broody.
Sounds like a great development rate for shipped eggs! Hope that they keep going! Lichen the broody WH (with no eggs) says hello!

Attachments

• 0B9A34D7-5137-4DA1-9291-5E741C433486.jpeg
    0B9A34D7-5137-4DA1-9291-5E741C433486.jpeg
    526.4 KB · Views: 21
Sounds like a great development rate for shipped eggs! Hope that they keep going! Lichen the broody WH (with no eggs) says hello!
Chloe my very cranky hen lol. She's usually so sweet. Can't wait for monster duck to be done

Attachments

• 808F4030-C6A8-483A-B4F4-D99CE6D92B35.png
    808F4030-C6A8-483A-B4F4-D99CE6D92B35.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 23

Back
Top Bottom