JUNE - JULY HATCH-ALONG!!!!!!!

I now have two external pipped eggs in the lockdown-incubator. So now the next step can take 24-48 hours right?
Anyhow, here is a picture of the newest external pipped egg.
It’s actually in the aircell. That circle was drawn quite a while back.

Attachments

• 03B6DFDA-72EB-4CE6-9010-FD27D1577575.jpeg
    03B6DFDA-72EB-4CE6-9010-FD27D1577575.jpeg
    203.6 KB · Views: 6
Wow! So are you thinking sticky chick due to high humidity? Best of luck with the hatch!!!:fl

There's a lot of small air cells in this batch, so definitely a lack of evaporation. Humidity's been 40-50%, so not overly terrible...

Luckily Mr. Yellow is the only one with issues so far. Here he's showing off his beak. Maybe he'll make an appearance tomorrow?
DSC_0005_mod.jpg

Well, we are drinking and eating today!! And they have been running in and out from the heat plate.
Poor duckling that I helped still has a bit of dried yolk on its back. I was hoping the other ducklings would have helped pick it off. Do I need to clean it off, or will it eventually fall off on its own? If I need to intervene, what is the best way to do that?
Another egg is externally pipped, and another is internally pipped.

I can't fathom NOT setting eggs. My past solutions to that issue has been to buy another Incubator, so I'm probably not helpful for that decision and definitely not a good influence. :lau

Same. My solution was to buy a bigger one... Those who say backyard chickens are free eggs, obviously haven't been hit with the incubator-mania. :gig

Back
Top Bottom