My first hatch was so fun that's why I'm doing another now (4 days after the 1st one).

Everyone told me that my chicks were going to be all black, but the black and brown ones are staying black and brown! It's so fun watching them grow from hatch. Mine are 5 days, it's so crazy!

My husband was picking them up yesterday and just saying how shocked he was that we hatched chicks.

Hahaha that will probably be me!!! :lau :oops:

And that’s awesome!! What breed are they??

And awww that is adorable and awesome haha :love

Red sex link/black jersey giant

Delaware/black jersey giant

Nice!! Those all seem like great breeds!! I want to try some sex links but didn't get them because of the health issues I’ve read about. But I want to get some and maybe start a production laying flock lol nothing super fancy or huge or commercial or anything, just maybe start selling eggs. Maybe get some Leghorns too lol I love mine. I also love all the other breeds I have too but they eat too much. :lau

My Delaware is great but very very loud and HUGE. She eats a lot LOL

Nice!! Those all seem like great breeds!! I want to try some sex links but didn't get them because of the health issues I’ve read about. But I want to get some and maybe start a production laying flock lol nothing super fancy or huge or commercial or anything, just maybe start selling eggs. Maybe get some Leghorns too lol I love mine. I also love all the other breeds I have too but they eat too much. :lau

My Delaware is great but very very loud and HUGE. She eats a lot LOL
What have you heard about the red sex links?

Can't wait for chick pics! :celebrate:jumpy:jumpy

There will definitely be plenty!!! :D

I’m a bit worried I haven’t heard from the post office yet... I hope they are not out for delivery. :fl

Maybe I will call them or see if there’s tracking info online haha

They may have called the house phone too. They did that with the chicks. We’re not home so maybe missed it.

I’ll be home soon though. :D

What have you heard about the red sex links?

Just that they can be prone to reproductive issues like prolapses and egg bound and stuff and that they don’t live very long. But it probably depends cause I know plenty have them and they’re fine and never have an issue.

Back
Top Bottom