Pics
Honestly I think you’re definitely right and most people that do it aren’t near as precise as me but I also tend to be a bit OCD okay a lot OCD and it’s really hard for me to just let go and leave it alone. :oops:

But I do think making sure the hygrometers are accurate at the very least is important because you need to tell what it’s actually reading. The humidity isn’t an exact number, it can be a very wide range and plenty of people also “dry hatch” which is just a much lower humidity than most do, but you have to be able to at least tell what the actual humidity is so you can adjust as needed and make sure it’s within that range. Too low or too high can cause a lot of problems.

So for example mine is reading 12% right now so I need to test the hygrometers so I can see if it is actually that low because if so that is a problem.

For dry hatch it should be 25% to 35% and regular should be 45 to 55 or even some do 60 I think humidity.

So wide range as you can see and I think temp can be a range too but if it went to like 10 for example or 70 or something, those would cause serious issues for the hatch. At least if it was running those numbers long term. Briefly is probably okay.

But I’m OCD and this is difficult not constantly fidgeting with it. :oops:

Last night I went through probably half the notebook trying to make a chart/notes for the hatch cause my handwriting didn’t look right/wasn’t good enough. Most of that was just from the title alone, Barry even got past it. :oops:

And @Texas Kiki wonders why I need so much paper LOL
I would have never guessed you were OCD. LOL!:lau:lau:wee

My first hatch I was precise with everything and I think it made my hatching experience a little bit stressful...

This hatch I am just going with the flow pretty much and it seems as though my eggs are doing a lot better. I'm not candling everyday and everything seems to be going smoother.

And my humidity is doing great, I did it dry then added only 50 ml of water and it's staying at 35% to 40% without water it's in the 20s.

reminds me of when my kids were born - first kid, over plan everything, second kid...easy as can be, third - barely even worried about anything.

Once the chicks were out of the eggs, I seemed to calm down a bit with stress and nerves. I've raised several chicks and most of my flock now I raised from chicks.

I candled yesterday and I probably won't candle again till next week.

I will be stressed when I hatch the new ones though because there are 3 weeks separating the chicks. I think I'm going to have to make a divider and let them see each other for a week before I put them together

Back
Top Bottom