Kristen’s Chickens and Farming Ventures

And update on the lack of updates...

House is basically stalled again. And the Cuba countdown has begun! Just 5 or 6 more days until a full month of being FIL free. I gave him a dozen eggs yesterday and snooped a little at our final construction plans at the same time. Going to be collecting those and planning on taking back the build and commandeering tractor as soon as he is gone. Work at the other house is basically complete, I hope, and I think I might have a lunch date for Friday! Candling my eggs tonight around 7pm Pacific Time. We have a Sausage/egg Sale this afternoon, and will be picking up some gas with the proceeds. Andrew also has a job interview for a coordinator position for $400/month this afternoon, which would be great, so fingers crossed on that. He is also going for a D&D weekend starting Friday and returning Monday. And that’s what things look like for the next week
I used to play DnD! My chracter was called Amafrey so I got her a tattoo that said Amafreyd of nothin' hehe she was a human, lawful good. Quite a fighter.

These days we play Pandemic or Cards against humanity.

Though personally I want to see Hawaii, Newfoundland, Scotland, Australia, and Iceland. Would love to do a full tour of Europe too, but those are my primary bucket list places to visit. As for FIL spending 3 months of the year vacationing... wherever, he likes Cuba? Great... it’s economical enough he can spend quite a long time there. Maybe we get really lucky and he remarries, becomes a Cuban citizen, and stays out of our hair. Until then I’ll just have to be happy with him being less grumpy for a few weeks when he gets back
Scotland and Iceland are on my list too. Along with Portugal, Slovenia, all of Scandinavia, more of Italy, Switzerland properly, Greece, oh boy... I could keep going... Antarctica, New Zealand, Costa Rica...

Scotland and Iceland are on my list too. Along with Portugal, Slovenia, all of Scandinavia, more of Italy, Switzerland properly, Greece, oh boy... I could keep going... Antarctica, New Zealand, Costa Rica...
I've hit many of your list.... I still need Scottland and AUS

TLDR: the art, architecture, food, people (especially “ladies”), politics, cheap dental services, and that it’s not in America. He hates America, most Americans, and it’s not just situational (like because of the president), it’s more a blanket hatred, like racism, but against a specific country instead.

Cuba is apparently the best place ever, and DH and I are just “stupid an ignorant” for wanting to see Hawaii instead (volcanoes and gardens). 1: FIL hates America with a passion. Nothing to do with current political leadership, though it’s not helping any. 2: he likes their healthcare system and cheap dental work. 3: somehow he has ‘friends’ there (probably because he doesn’t spend long enough there each year to piss them off enough, when he’s in a good mood he’s not as awful) I am secretly hoping he marries his friends sister and stays there... hopefully that doesn’t make me too bad a person, but she apparently likes him. 4: he loves the people there, they are so friendly, many “ladies” “proposition” him while he’s there (ewwwww, can he even tell the difference between working girls and other women anymore?) 4: he loves their political system, it is far superior to everything else in western civilizations. He idolized Fidel Castro and fancies that he looks just like him when he was younger 5: he loves the food, as it isn’t spicy they only use herbs, never spices, in their cooking (he will get into physical altercations over this if you suggest it’s not 100%true of every Cuban dish)

Really? I think that he's lost it! :rolleyes: His friend and the sister are probably just using him for his money.

Though personally I want to see Hawaii, Newfoundland, Scotland, Australia, and Iceland. Would love to do a full tour of Europe too, but those are my primary bucket list places to visit. As for FIL spending 3 months of the year vacationing... wherever, he likes Cuba? Great... it’s economical enough he can spend quite a long time there. Maybe we get really lucky and he remarries, becomes a Cuban citizen, and stays out of our hair. Until then I’ll just have to be happy with him being less grumpy for a few weeks when he gets back

I hope that he won't sell the property before he would become a citizen over there. That would be bad for you!

Okay I can see most of your list but Newfoundland is quite bleak, foggy and rocky. That said, the people were really awesome. I would say go to Nova Scotia and Cape Breton, but then you would think you were back home LOL.. except they don't have the big trees :(

Italy was really great and quite scenic. Of the European Countries I visited, it and Ireland were the only two I felt at ease in.

I hope that he won't sell the property before he would become a citizen over there. That would be bad for you!

Lots of legal issues if he tries... the ownership/estate/farm businesses all all held jointly in a limited partnership by 4 parties... Family Drama FFS! When my family starts to look good and reasonable, that’s when I knew there were some big issues.

Back
Top Bottom