Kristen’s Chickens and Farming Ventures

Probably not... basically unless there was something “significant to inspect” they were protecting the inspectors by not sending them out to job sites. People here are quite afraid. There was a Facebook forum post that almost incited a mob mentality uprising against some workers the vineyard brought in for pruning and a construction project. Small community mindsets and a lot of negative media inciting blind fear and a lack of basic understanding of the science behind it.
Does that mean you have to stop work, or can you renew and keep going?
If you can’t complete until Covid is over that could be a very long time and that sounds totally unreasonable!

It’s a miracle the floor held out... he did break the threshold of the door and I need to fill it back up with a 2x4, mostly to keep rodents out of the floor, which could then open the way for mink. He had to turn sideways and go in one shoulder at a time. Somehow. We should have asked him for advice on getting a replacement sofa into our trailer before we settled on chairs, it only we had known! We moved the cows out of my yard that afternoon, as they also trapped me in the barn while I was pulling out some hay to lure them away from the chicken trailer. Bad timing and hay stacked a little too high... I was stuck in the barn for over an hour.View attachment 2438450
They ate my ladder hay for getting down
I am sorry to laugh at this but these coos crank me up. :gig :lau

Probably not... basically unless there was something “significant to inspect” they were protecting the inspectors by not sending them out to job sites. People here are quite afraid. There was a Facebook forum post that almost incited a mob mentality uprising against some workers the vineyard brought in for pruning and a construction project. Small community mindsets and a lot of negative media inciting blind fear and a lack of basic understanding of the science behind it.
I also wish the media would tamp down fears instead of sensationalizing everything. It doesn't help.

Chicken tax
20190320_175734.jpg

I also wish the media would tamp down fears instead of sensationalizing everything. It doesn't help.

Chicken tax
View attachment 2438593

I'd have to agree with you there. The stories they want us to believe change day by day it seems. Is it just a way to try to control us?

Does that mean you have to stop work, or can you renew and keep going?
If you can’t complete until Covid is over that could be a very long time and that sounds totally unreasonable!
technically we have to stop until we get it renewed and pay an additional $300 renewal fee, but we don’t have to go through the full application process again (it took us something like a year and a half last time). Fingers crossed DH signs it “Andrew Campbell” and it just get’s OK’d as he shares all but a middle initial with his late father. I figure we are still ok to plunk in nails, glue up the stuff that’s there and get the walls up lifted on to the second floor to set up once we do get it renewed.

It's good to hear from you @Kris5902. Sorry about the struggles with the inspectors. Sending warm wishes and positive vibes your way. Take care.

Thanks! I’m leery of getting the permit renewed no knowing if I can get help putting the wall and roof up with the virus situation.

technically we have to stop until we get it renewed and pay an additional $300 renewal fee, but we don’t have to go through the full application process again (it took us something like a year and a half last time). Fingers crossed DH signs it “Andrew Campbell” and it just get’s OK’d as he shares all but a middle initial with his late father. I figure we are still ok to plunk in nails, glue up the stuff that’s there and get the walls up lifted on to the second floor to set up once we do get it renewed.

Thanks! I’m leery of getting the permit renewed no knowing if I can get help putting the wall and roof up with the virus situation.
I would be too. Such a shame!

Back
Top Bottom