Large, Open-Air Coop in Central NC

Pics
How about a link? (Lowes) Or Home Depot. Its called "5V" for the profile. I like the broad flat surfaces of it for my screw penetrations. If you look at a section "on edge", you can count five "V"s - a double, a flat section, a single, a flat section, a double.

Its also called "U over V" assembly, because there is just a little more space between the double V on one side of the panel, compared to the other. The wider is the "U", and the panels get overlaid so that goes on top of the narrower one - again, flat surface for your screw, while the double Vs help ensure water can't be blown sideways between them.

Thank you.

PLEASE< PLEASE be careful. If the weather holds, I'd wait a day. Too easy, working with ungainly weights above one's head, to seriously reinjure while recovering from prior injury.

He limited his work on his only day off because of the injury.

We weren't home until after dark last night and I'm so exhausted from my working hours that I haven't gone out to see what he did yet. I'll post pictures later. :)

He put up two roof beams and then added nailing boards to the uphill side in order to facilitate attaching the hardware cloth vents and dog-eared fence boards that will serve as siding.

0427210859_HDR.jpg

0427210859a_HDR.jpg

0427210900a_HDR.jpg

0427210901_HDR.jpg

DH has dubbed it "The Chicken Palace". :D

There is a mark now for the height of the ledger board for the nest boxes and the word "Door" written in two places. I'll probably have to have steps since we're pretty well set on using Hardie Planks on the inside to contain the bedding and keep it off the wood so it won't rot the supports out like what happened to the legs of the Little Monitor Coop.

We have two screen doors that will be reinforced with hardware cloth and mounted to open out.

Back
Top Bottom