Larkwell Valley (2023)

Pics
Do I see a d’Anvers?
Yep, a blue quail and a splash quail. I've had a handful for three or 4 years now, unfortunately I don't have much luck predatorwiae with them. 3 of my past 4 were snagged by various predators and the 4th fell into a trough when he was still small. These two have some health issues, unfortunately as well
What is the hen next to the sebright? Is she a mix? Also I LOVE the cornish bantams :love
The gold one? That's Golden Child. She's half Phoenix, half sebright. The sebright next to her is her mother.

Went ahead and took Bunny's last two eggs. I could feel and hear one of them shifting around inside, and popped them in the incubator. I'll give Bunny some more time to get used to her two. One I have to look at some more, at first glance, I'm not sure what it is.

Yep, a blue quail and a splash quail. I've had a handful for three or 4 years now, unfortunately I don't have much luck predatorwiae with them. 3 of my past 4 were snagged by various predators and the 4th fell into a trough when he was still small. These two have some health issues, unfortunately as well

The gold one? That's Golden Child. She's half Phoenix, half sebright. The sebright next to her is her mother.
Yeah, I keep my valuable ones locked away for that reason. (And I have had a couple drown from flying down from the rafters into a water catching bucket.) We don’t catch water anymore since the roof was fixed but we still keep a few water buckets around the farm so we can conveniently fill waterers.

All pretty birds!
Thank you! The roosters are all my Phoenix funky colors. The white one wasn't supposed to stay, but he has some nice color in his hackles, and admittedly looks nicer bodyshape wise than Smut, my other white male (who just is kinda tall in the neck). The Red thing and the khaki blue thing are both going to be in one pen, the white(s) in another and then my two normal males in the third. Hard part will be splitting the girls up. White will obviously go with the whites, and then I'll have to try and sort dun/khaki hems from the regulars, and hopefully I'll get the females I've been trying to get the next breeding season.

I'm thinking wonky wing is out of Colt, my araucana male. Nothing that can say yes or not definitely. It's got a pea comb, so that doesn't say anything really, except that if Tatiana is the dad, then mom wasn't one of my single combs. But it's the same color as my possibly pure araucana, and hatched from a brown egg, which means it isn't from Bunny.

Problem egg had to be helped hatched. It shrinkwrapped the most severely I've ever had, and it wasn't getting out on its own. It had been ready to hatch for some time, the membrane was filled with poop and now my hands smell like death. Parts if the membrane are still stuck, including one piece over an eye, but i had to get him warm and slightly clean again so I'll be working on him throughout the day

Also look what I forgot shipped out yesterday
20230601_090211.jpg

Back
Top Bottom