Legbar Leg

galois

Hatching
8 Years
Jul 31, 2011
A couple of weeks ago I posted that my young Legbar had developed a slight limp. Over a period of 3/4 days this deteriorated to the point where she had to use her wings to stand and could only stagger a few paces. Subsequently her right eye starting closing and was very gummy and there was some gunk on her nasal openings which we also cleaned up. After a course of Baytril injections and repeated cleaning of the infected eye she has perked up and can now obviously see with that eye again. She still has a problem with her left leg,however,and only manages to stagger a few paces still with something of a hopping action using her right leg. The left leg is very often stretched out in front of her and when you pick her up you can actually see the leg in spasm (only way I can describe it). She is quite alert and is eating and drinking well and the infected eye seems to be improving daily now. We suspect trauma but are puzzled by the length of time it took for the leg to deteriorate. Surely the effects of trauma would have been instant. Looking for some light at the end of the tunnel here for a much loved member of the family.

She has had a good dose of Red Cell and I am also feeding her on Chick Crumb which has added vitamins.

Back
Top Bottom