Lethargic Silkie 20 weeks

May 20, 2017
I have a 20 week old silkie who hasn't laid yet. She starting staying in the hut three days ago. She stands on the perch, head withdrawn, almost asleep, wont eat or drink. Appears generally lethargic. Eyes are clear, no lumps, vaccinated when purchased. Crest and vent are not hard. She hasn't been that friendly since i got her but now she just stands and lets me stroke her. The other four are fine. I have read so many threads and cannot work out whats wrong?

How long have you had her?
Will she eat/drink?
How does her crop feel - hard, soft, squishy, sour breath, etc.?
What does her poop look like?

Do you best to get her hydrated. If you have a vet that can perform a fecal test on a fresh poop sample they can rule out worm or cocci overload.

It's so hard to know what's going on, but with Silkies head injury could be a possibility. Getting fluids into her is priority.

Let us know how she is doing.

How long have you had her?
Will she eat/drink?
How does her crop feel - hard, soft, squishy, sour breath, etc.?
What does her poop look like?

Do you best to get her hydrated. If you have a vet that can perform a fecal test on a fresh poop sample they can rule out worm or cocci overload.

It's so hard to know what's going on, but with Silkies head injury could be a possibility. Getting fluids into her is priority.

Let us know how she is doing.
Thankyou

Back
Top Bottom