Lhicken is sick??! Please help! Emergency!!!

LhickenChicken

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
Jan 5, 2023
Not again some of you will say. Yep it's Lhicken again, that same old Lhicken. She is my favorite chicken. Must I wonder why the favorites always get sick and hurt???
Anyway, she is very lethargic, and it seems to be "taxing" just to stand for her. I gave her DE, not sure if it'll help or not. Saturday I took her in here cause I noticed something not so right with her, and she was losing lots of feathers. I made her lay throughout the winter, so she isn't laying right now, she is taking a break. She was very hungry and her crop was empty. Yesterday she wasn't any better. Today I gave her ground limestone. I have to force feed her because her crop is half-full of water not food. I shoved the layer feed down her beak, as well as the DE and limestone. Anything I can do for her because I love her and she seems to be declining. She is two years old and some kind of what you would call "mutt". Also I thought rhubarb leaves weren't bad for her because a website that wasn't BYC said that rhubarb leaves were okay for chickens, but another site said no, but she had already ingested some of it. I am wondering if it is a compounding factor, and before you say anything about crops she has a crop full of water with the occasional piece of feed. And she is not eggbound because she is pooping. She spends most of her day sitting down like she is laying an egg, but never laying an egg. Is the rhubarb leaves catching up to her and if so should I cull her.

Back
Top Bottom