Lola! Update;found 17 more! What were you thinking!!!

noodleroo

Snuggles with Chickens
9 Years
Apr 29, 2010
Rockport, Tx
I saw Lola come out from under the passion vine by the fence today singing the egg song. Low and behold, she had a perfectly hidden nest with 12 eggs! How in the world did I miss those? I just thought she was taking a break from laying! LOL I brought the eggs in and I'll keep them separate from the 'more timely gathered' eggs. I'll just break each one into a cup before using. I guess they'll be ok as long as they are cooked, right?

Last edited:
Thanks, I forgot about that. I guess I figured that our temps have been not too hot lately but I have no idea which are the older eggs! I still can't believe that I missed these in my own backyard!
idunno.gif

So today, Lola was sitting under the passion vine again...but not where I found the other nest! She had started another one and it had 17 eggs! Somebody else must have laid there too sometimes. I checked the entire length of the vine (this time) and I'm pretty sure that's all. I tested each egg in water and only one (of the 29) floated! I still can't believe I didn't see either hiding place...

Back
Top Bottom