Looking back years later it CAN be funny.... or maybe not. pg 7 <sigh>

My #4 son always had a tendency to sleepwalk. I found him one night mistaking his little brother's toy box for the pot! It took some work to clean up , but no serious harm. It subsided for a while, then came back when he was about 13. This time it was more worrisome because he was waking up outside. After a little study, we found the trigger. He had developed an interest in the old "Zorro" tv show and bought videos. He watched an episode each night before bed. I can't explain it, but no more "Zorro" - no more sleepwalking.
idunno.gif

Quote:
Yeah, guilty as charged!

And dont want to bother DD and DH with waking up with a light shining in their bedrooms. Some of us are light sensitive.

I put 4 watt night lights in each bathroom - it's just enough light to keep disasters at bay and doesn't hurt the eyes.

This is going to make all the girls really mad, I'm a traitor to my gender (hangs head in shame)

I grew up with 3 brothers and my mother never made an issue about the toilet seat, so it wasn't until I was in college before I realized how some women felt about it. I just learned to never assume the seat was down. I really don't care if my husband or son leave it up or down.

Years later a group of male and female friends were having a discussion over The Toilet Seat and I said, "If he can expend the energy to put it up, I can expend the energy to put it down. I'd much rather he leave it up than try to aim with the seat down because that would make a real mess I can't deal with."

One of the guys looked at my husband and said, "Where did you FIND her?!!"

Sorry girls, I know I'm a traitor. I'm completely failing in my husband and son's training, but I just don't care.
tongue.gif

Don't worry you aren't a traitor, you were raised with boys, we forgive you. Really anymore it's just something from the past that makes a good joke. Look how many sitcoms have focused on the "toilet seat". Jerry Seinfeld, Roseanne, George Lopez, All in the Family, they've all had entire episodes dedicated to it.

I sort of agree on the toilet seat thing, other than the fact I had a similar incident to WOW back 28 years ago, when I was pregnant for the first time. I was hugely pregnant and my now ex left the seat up, in the middle of the night, I went in there and fell down because the seat wasn't where I expected it. It was painful - and I'm sorry, I just think it's a considerate thing to make sure the seat is where it belongs for those of us who back up to it instead of standing in front looking at it. I've lived surrounded by men, now, for many years, so I gave up that battle and have LED nightlights in both bathrooms to prevent such an occasion. My new and vastly improved husband leaves the seat down for me.
love.gif

OMGosh Writer, the drowning cat pee story is hilarious!
Southern, also a woman who could care less if the toilet seat is down. I was raised with a crapshoot of boys too.
lol.png
DH has always made sure the seat was down for me when I was pregnant with the boys and when our oldest potty trained though. Real gentlemen and all.
tongue.png

Well, I think I surpassed myself in humiliating situations today. I have a very bad habit of not checking my school email as often as I should somedays and the office will call me and tell me to go read my email because they need a response or something. Today we were undecorating the tree in our room, taking down our lovely homemade ornaments off of our depression era tree made with paper links.
Some of the kids made papier mache balls and decorated them with glitter. One of my boys had hung his three near the top of the tree which hung from our ceiling. I had just taken his down for him when the loudspeaker came on right next to my ear. I hollered "yes???" at it and our secretary told me I needed to read my email right away it was very important. So without thinking I hollered back real loudly: "It will have to be in a minute, I'm up a ladder with Jorge's balls in my hands". It was really quiet for about 4 seconds and then she said "oooooooooooooooooK!" Then the class fell apart on me, it was a lost day from there on out.

I'm sure I'll laugh harder soon,,, thank the Goddess we have two weeks off and the kids leave at 10:45am tomorrrow!!!!

Last edited:
My mom has a friend who is a language teacher in a private high school. One day she was collecting homework and one boy kept saying, "Just a sec, just a sec".

Fed up, she announced, "NO MORE SECS!"

One of the boys snicked, "There's a Freudian slip for you!".

Like you day, it was a lost cause from there onward.

Back
Top Bottom