Lower back pain

HeatherLynn

Crowing
12 Years
May 11, 2009
Kentucky, Cecilia
Ok, it is driving me nuts. You who have had kids will probably remember this pain. Lower back, painful pinching feeling, with pain radiating to the bum and legs. Its like being huge and pregnant again, without the benefit of being huge and pregnant and knowing this will end soon. Holy crap it hurts. Ok so I thought it was the UTI again but there are no other symptoms and I have been drinking apple cider vinegar and water and cran juice and water like a mad woman. It still hurts so dang bad. Thing is I can go fine so I would think if it was even a mild UTI then it should be better and my back would stop hurting but it hurts like mad. I can't go to the doc because I am switching from the crappy one to a new one and cannot see him till next monday.

Any ideas on what could help this? or cause this

I have had so many health issues as of late, every little thing that happens sends me into a panic. This one is no different so I would like to make it go away.

Sounds like sciatic to me too. You will probably laugh, but if you can take aspirin products, go get some Doan's Pills. They used to be advertised for back pain and we all laughed at them....well come to find out they are aspirin but they are made with magnesium. Magnesium will help with muscle pain and sciatic. Alternate heat and cold on the worst area. 15 or 20 minutes for each one. Sitting made my sciatic much worse, I was only allowed to sit 20 minutes at a time. I also found a yoga ball helped.

I have been doing stretches to help. That and a bath or shower is the only thing that has helped so far. I will look for the heating pad in the packing boxes. I do the little catch stretch thing and the only yoga pose I managed while pregnant and when I do those it does not hurt. As soon as I do anything after that its back to pain again. Ok well, time to find some heat for this back then and I will look for the pills

I had to deal with this pain since my DD's birth six years ago.....it will let up to a certain degree and still have issues with pain. Some days it's crippling and other days is OK.

I am afraid of going to the chiropractor but I am dang close to doing just that. The pain is getting to me. I do not like being slowed down. In thinking back it usually hurts a little when I sit alot. Well this last week all I have done is several hour drives back and forth to louisville and unloading and hauling around huge feed sacks afterwards. Heat does help though. Hubby thinks the heating pad is still in boxes at the house so he is going to pick it up for me.

Got the rice and the microwave unpacked yet? Make a rice sock....borrow one of hubby's socks while he is looking for the heating pad
smile.png
fill sock with rice, heat for about 1 minute in the microwave.

I had a slipped disc in my lower back years ago, L-4, L-5 area. I was bent over and couldnt hardly walk much less stand up straight. Pain radiated down and around my left leg, down to my toes. Heat and ice offered temporary relief but I finally went to a chiropractor. He manipulated my leg, arms and gave a big push...I felt the disc slip into where it belonged and instantly there was no more pain! I go back every now and then for an adjustment to keep my spine in alignment. HeatherLynn, I know what kind of unbearable pain you're going through and I hope you make an appointment to see your chiropractor. Heating pads and ice packs only bring temporary relief. You might end up having back surgery if left untreated because the disc(s) will eventually degenerate.

Back
Top Bottom