Luikse Vechter aka Liege Fighter Thread

Horrible horrible hatch. That’s what I get for counting! One healthy chick. The others died in shell or were deformed.

Strangest thing though and I’ll talk to the breeder about it. Their mouths/throats were not a solid opening? I have never seen anything like that. they had two tiny holes for a throat. Seen anything like that before?

Edited: Figured it out. Their tongues were fused or formed with the roof of their mouth.

Last edited:
Horrible horrible hatch. That’s what I get for counting! One healthy chick. The others died in shell or were deformed.

Strangest thing though and I’ll talk to the breeder about it. Their mouths/throats were not a solid opening? I have never seen anything like that. they had two tiny holes for a throat. Seen anything like that before?

Edited: Figured it out. Their tongues were fused or formed with the roof of their mouth.
I am sorry that happened!

I am sorry that happened!

Definitely a bummer but seem to learn something from every hatch. Will be checking mouths for this issue if any others die in an odd fashion. The two that made it out and died were blue too :rolleyes:

Curious what the lone survivor may end up having for colors. Ideas?
704E9B7D-A483-4116-9070-737A4D887CF7.jpeg

DC1833E8-989C-4A38-9226-6BD84F5C0311.jpeg

Definitely a bummer but seem to learn something from every hatch. Will be checking mouths for this issue if any others die in an odd fashion. The two that made it out and died were blue too :rolleyes:

Curious what the lone survivor may end up having for colors. Ideas?
View attachment 2175971
View attachment 2175972

Of all the LV chicks I've hatched, none have looked like that. All that I've hatched have been solid black or blue. This one looks more like it's going to be some form of, maybe, partridge.

Now I'm curious to see the breeder's parent stock. I haven't ever seen an LV in a color like that before.

Of all the LV chicks I've hatched, none have looked like that. All that I've hatched have been solid black or blue. This one looks more like it's going to be some form of, maybe, partridge.

Now I'm curious to see the breeder's parent stock. I haven't ever seen an LV in a color like that before.

Grabbed a few photos of them from the website when I purchased the eggs.

6A1A2879-7C6C-4E06-ACE0-626EB6ECD924.png

16D2D535-917E-4E25-84F9-5C9B6949DF70.png

Well, this is getting silly, lol. I went out today to get pictures and it was sunny and perfect. Just finishing up chores, about to go get the camera and boom - thunderstorm.

Luckily it blew over fast. So, here's some pictures, and if you see mud, ignore it :p

This guy is a looker. Definitely keeping him.

LV 1.JPG

LV 2.JPG

My other two cockerels look like this guy:

LV 3.JPG

My blue pullet:

LV 4.JPG

One of my black pullets, saying that she definitely can see me creeping on her while she's perching in the pop door:

LV 5.JPG

Back
Top Bottom