Luikse Vechter aka Liege Fighter Thread

I got one in a rare breed potluck on ebay :) He/she's tiny right now though, 2 weeks old tomorrow. He's black with a reddish/brown color on his head and neck. Long legs for his size, but a sweetheart. I can't imagine it will ever be a bigger chicken, he's in with my smaller hatchlings right now. If it turns out to be a rooster, I will have to find a new home for him and I'm a little worried someone will try and use him for fighting etc. Hopefully a hen so I can keep her.

IMG_20200724_221711724.jpg IMG_20200724_222741161.jpg P1210324.JPG

Last edited:
So glad to find this thread. We've been breeding Luikse Vechtors for 3 years now. We are well in the country and have loads of predators, but this breed has proven themselves tough enough to handle the usual suspects. This year we got some really interesting coloring.View attachment 2269806

Gorgeous! Looks like wheaten :love

Are you in the US?

I have some just now pipping. I've been trying to find some to fend off hawks and raven from my flock. The eggs don't ship very well I've found. Smaller eggs always seem to come in much better condition than the larger ones. They still came in pretty hairy shape though. I'm lucky they are pipping at all. west coast area. Have had the worst luck on these and sanjaks.

Will have to break down and grab some from a hatchery next year.

Anyone have any more pics? I might be able to get a pair soon :fl
Are they prone to any genetic issues? I know in Deathlayers they’re super prone to paralysis is there anything I should look out for in this breed?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom