Lynn’s Hens National Unicorn Day 🦄 Adopt-an-Egg Hatch-a-Long 🐣🐣

Pics
Have you ever tried a dry hatch?

Oh, that is interesting. So what would be some tips you would give me if I do get one?

That's great!
I was trying to try a dry hatch, but I guess I had a little panic about it, knowing I didn’t even have a handle on following the machine’s own directions, let alone a community of people who had such varying opinions.

I guess I would have to ask where you are located before I could give any tips. I know that I didn’t have any issues when I was using it over the summer, but the bator was in our shop on a high work table. The winters here are so dry, especially with a pellet stove keeping this warm in the house, as well as central heat. I think one tip I would give is to try and hold off trying to candle every day until you get the hang of how your hatches go. My worst fear is dropping one of these nugs mid-development.

It’s all still a work in progress, there aren’t enough hours in the day to absorb all of the interesting information you can get on this chicken business 🐣 Way too many rabbit holes here🤣

I saw the instructions on calibrating the incubator. Was it hard? I have a govee in there and where it has hot and cold spots what do I go by to calibrate it. I can have it in one spot and it will read 100 and in another and it reads 98. afraid to calibrate it and have it be way off. LOL
No, I wouldn’t say it was hard. It was confusing to me though, because I didn’t know if the bator was off or the Govee was off, so I didn’t know which one to go by. Luckily, the temperature wasn’t the issue, that was always true. It really just got to be so much frustration, that’s when I reached out to HF.

I don’t think I have gone full Virgo on making sure every inch was the same temp/humidity, I just got to the point where I said “this will have to do”. I kept an eye on the humidity, and once I saw it go below 50, I added a little water and maybe adjusted the vent, and said “whatever will be, will be”. I don’t change anything on the bator as far as temp and humidity , I just maintain the humidity. My temp has always held at 99.5.

Just some random pictures of a weird cross - my cemani roo, Cyclone and my CCL, Pink. That do, though 🤣

Had to include some (pure) cemani siblings, well, because, chickens 🐔 🖤
D0107B5D-FE24-4545-B103-69B591A04895.jpeg
E276368F-E624-4DA9-A721-F8B84E66B9AD.jpeg
6DE888A9-CAF1-4121-A13A-3248261748A5.jpeg
E76D99CB-5877-4BD6-BFE0-9D0B3AE039E3.jpeg
D8B72A47-DABB-4C54-94B0-4818D4471B06.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom