Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

Quote:
I like them both, but at this point I like G2 better. I'd say the fluff showing through is because he is wet. I still think Myron looks a lot like Lil' Bill. He was a goner too about 2 months ago, because he didn't have much bulk to hime either. Now in the last few months, he has really bulked up and gotten broader in the chest and back. Funny how they all grow differently, even within hatchmates. Roy was a pudgey low rider, and Clyde grew straight up, then finally filled out!
hu.gif

Quote:
No problem Debbi...what are friends for?
big_smile.png

Oh and Vicki isn't being blamed for more hatching I am going to do.....she is being blamed for 15 cute little fuzzy butts that will be shipped.
lol.png

Just messing with Vicki, she is not to blame....not really....but she did started the train rolling down the tracks.
smile.png

haha...I can take it....no problem! Especially if it is over birchen fuzzy butts!!!

Hi there Tannis!!
frow.gif
Haven't seen you in quite a while! NICE BATOR!!!!
yippiechickie.gif
what all do you have cookin' in there??

Last edited:
Hi Debbi and Pink
big_smile.png
I am the bad friend you only hear from every six months. Done with the horses til February and kids only have sports twice a week right now, so I can be chicken social for a while. Nothing in there now...give me til after Christmas and the fun begins! Last year my family had a party when the last of the chicks made it out of the house. They just don't get it

Quote:
I can understand the party! I just got 5 nine week old Marans out of the house! They are doing well with the big birds.
wee.gif
Clyde will stop the girls from bullying them too much, and they are pretty much settled in now. Clyde is such a dear boy, I can't thank you enough for him!

Quote:
I am so glad you have him!!!! I still miss his daddy
sad.png
My problem getting chicks outside is finding room for them. I have 7 breeding pens, 3 single bird cages and a 8x8 coop with a 30x40 fenced yard and I don't have enough room. I keep looking at my 33 year old mare and thinking her stall will hold alot of chickens some day
hide.gif

Quote:
sad.png
My problem getting chicks outside is finding room for them. I have 7 breeding pens, 3 single bird cages and a 8x8 coop with a 30x40 fenced yard and I don't have enough room. I keep looking at my 33 year old mare and thinking her stall will hold alot of chickens some day
hide.gif

I hear ya on the space! I have to do some serious building next year. The new garage is starting to look good to me...can't do it, can't do it...It only takes time, money, space, and help...sigh
roll.png

Quote:
sad.png
hide.gif

I hear ya on the space! I have to do some serious building next year. The new garage is starting to look good to me...can't do it, can't do it...It only takes time, money, space, and help...sigh
roll.png

My garage is TOAST this winter. Already lost my basement. (Also been eye-balling the ancient, old Quarter Horse as well!
tongue.png
)

Incubator is loaded in my office - due to hatch Christmas Day!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom