March Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Round two is going well. Locked down 8 duckies and have two out and another three pipped :ya
Once again a yellow out first, then a black and white lol
4BD2916B-D89E-4963-A6FC-D202868DF1A5.jpeg

I'm on day 21 for four cemani cross eggs. Two were pipped this morning, so I thought when I got home, I might have a chick or two, but no. These guys are way slower than the sultans and d'uccles. Now three have pips and all are peeping. I hope to get at least one tonight, but they might not hatch until tomorrow. It makes me impatient.

I'm on day 21 for four cemani cross eggs. Two were pipped this morning, so I thought when I got home, I might have a chick or two, but no. These guys are way slower than the sultans and d'uccles. Now three have pips and all are peeping. I hope to get at least one tonight, but they might not hatch until tomorrow. It makes me impatient.

Yes, I much prefer when they arrive a little early!

This one is making more of a concerted effort than the other one. If it doesnt progress beyond this hole it's creating, I'll know it's stuck. Gonna go put some chick sounds on to encourage it.
20190321_124701.jpg

Oh, and this is why I hesitate to ever hatch my eggs upright.

Hmm Once you get to day 23 I'd pull a couple out to candle real quick to see if you see anything. If no pips, they won't be changed in temp or humid long enough to do any major harm.
This evening was the start of day 23 so I gently and quickly candled them. One still has definite movement, one is completely dark apart from the air sac but pretty sure not alive and the other is starting to show a blood ring the the dark part is down at the small end of the egg. So what happened? My temp has been a bit low I have discovered. Were they not developed enough to cope with the higher humidity of lock down? I am just kicking myself I didn't put them all under the broody hen. Will just have to wait to see if the one with movement makes it to hatch....

Back
Top Bottom