Met my babies

I just noticed your ongoing thread with all its updates and wonderful pics.   Very pretty chickens and eggs!      Sounds good so far with the older ones and the chicks...Good luck with everyone!
Sue

Thanks for checking out my thread Sue. I am having so much fun raising my little flock and taking pictures of them all. It is really peaceful to watch them for a little bit durring the day when it's not so hot out.

That is a nice Blue egg, do you think that she will keep that Blue color or will if drift abit?
Scott

I am hopeing she keeps that color. My EE Buttercup has kept her mint green color but it does get lighter when she has laid for 4 days straight. So I am guessing that the Am would be somewhat the same.

I am looking for some Blue and Lavender Ameraucana eggs or chicks. I found a lady not too far from me but she has sold off her breeding stock. Just my luck. Back to the drawing board. I might just have to wait till spring to get them. bummer. But that is the way of life. Chicken fever has hit me. lol Chicken math you don't need less chickens you need a larger coop. lol. Can't wait to start building my breeding pens for the breeding chicks that I will get one day. Until then I will enjoy the chickens we have and their eggs. Maybe by then I will have a broody hen and get eggs to hatch.

Today the babies were let out into the run to mingle with the big girls. It went well. There was only a little pecking and chasing from the pullets. The adults ignored the babies all together.

Here are my two suspect cockerels. Not sure what is going in with the neck feathers on the Australope (spelling).

Due to pending rain we had to fix a temp home in the big girls coop. In two weeks we will be doing a more permanent modification to the coop for the little ones and the new babies that will be hatching in 3 weeks.

Added more ventilation as well.

I am so excited! In two weeks I will have 12 Lavender Ameraucana and 12 BBS Ameraucana hatching eggs for my moms broody hen!! The Lavender ones are being shipped so I know that not all will make it. Thats why we have the BBS eggs just in case not of them are viable. Sept 10th is setting day!!

Had a busy weekend. The new chicks are intergrating well with the hens. So we did s modification to the coop to get ready for the eggs coming next week. Our brooder is ready and the new nest boxes are in and the birds have new roosts.

Back
Top Bottom