MGG's Hatching Thread!

Pics
First time hatching I had 12 eggs they came from my father's chickens I had no idea what the heck I was doing so MGG bless her heart. What she had to go through with me I feel so bad. Long long story short out of the 12 eggs I got five beautiful babies. They're 20 days old today and I swear if it wasn't for MGG I don't think I could have done it I was going cuckoo.
Awww! :hugs
You did great. They're so big already!
@MGG im sure you recall Marionette, my little blue Serama pullet.
Oh my goodness, yes! How is she? Do you have any pics of her? Aw, the poor baby is so confused. Single chicks are just so hard.
(PS am I the only one old enough to actually know what a caboodle is? :gig )
Uh...I don't know what it is. :lol:
It pipped through a blood vessel. It looks like it hit a big one. Just to ease your mind if you happen to see this in the future, normally when they pip through blood vessels they actually hatch ok. It's only occasionally that it's bad enough that they pass away from it.
Yeah! One of the chicks that hatched from this batch pipped through a vein too. It bled quite a bit inside, actually. Here is the pip, you can see the blood coming out of it.
20210412_084022.jpg

And afterwards, you can see how much it bled inside.
20210416_094814.jpg

It hatched just fine though, and is my beautiful little Sapphire.
MGG when are your eggs coming.
They came this morning!!!
:wee
This is off the subject but I have had eggs in the postal service taking forever to get here . I may as well just throw them out if they have to sit all weekend on some loading dock .Slow mail I love it :barnie:th:barnie:th:barnie:th:barnie
Ugh, that stinks. I'm sorry.
I just checked they are still and I do mean still in Wisconsin :duc:eek:
Maybe the PO just failed to update them?

Last edited:
My eggs came this morning!!! They were packaged really nicely, and are all fully intact.
They were in these foam tube things, and then wrapped in bubble wrap.
How it looked when I opened it up
20210416_093154_HDR.jpg

How the eggs were wrapped
20210416_093219_HDR.jpg
20210416_093223_HDR.jpg

The pretty eggs
20210416_094345.jpg
20210416_094402.jpg

She sent 10! That's two extra than she said she was going to send. They look awesome.

Back
Top Bottom