Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't drink coffee, but i can pour! a cuppa joe for everyone!

i didn't read back as we are running this morning and off to the U. then to see Frizzledhen and chase reds as she says.

so pretty outside today! all the roosters are crowing, the turkeys gobbling and ducks a-quacking.

Vicki and Catray-don't worry. They will shut up when they are 14 and not talk to you again until they are 24. Unless they need money or car keys . . . Just be glad you walk on water for a few more years.

our kids are awesome too. we enjoy them so much, but it is hard during the teen years for parents, but also the kids. they feel so many different things and it's like emotional overload.

we always tease Hannah and say, "Oh, only four years until you are 18 and then we're kicking you out." then she says, "Don't say that, I want to stay here forever." and we all laugh.

Elizabeth has already chosen what animals she is taking with her when she moves out!

James says he wants to be a bachelor because having kids is hard work!

too hilarious.

CRYSTAL...thank you for the phone number and thanks for the compliments on Elizabeth's phone manners. it helps remind me that we're doing a good job as parents.
smile.png

Quote:
I think that DD will be taking ME to work today. She is a homeschooled 15 y.o., active with 4-H. Today, she is giving a presentation about chickens to a special education class. I will be her assistant. It should be VERY interesting, to say the least.
D.gif

I've been busy over in "Incubating & Hatching" ... I guess I learned a $20 lesson. None of my purchased eggs hatched, and I know they were alive on Day 14. My first incubator experience ended with 3 out of 15, all of the hatchlings from our own mutt eggs.

I don't so much blame the cheapo 'bator though ... it was pretty good other than one spike that they lived through ... humidity was hard to maintain, but the whole house is really dry. Hubby wants to try again with the LG one more time before going to the $200 level.

It looks like the chicks died sometime between Day 14 and Day 19 and I didn't register any big temperature or humidity issues, so it could have been anything.
hmm.png

The LG was an impulse buy when the broody that was "scheduled" to sit on the eggs that were bought and on their way to me changed her mind!

I would MUCH rather have a broody hatch and raise the chicks. So much easier!!
big_smile.png

Quote:
That would have been my oldest, went to his room and didn't come out until he moved out!!
gig.gif
However, my second child, who is almost 18, we have a love hate relationship, she loves to hate me!!
gig.gif
No really, we have so much in common that she talks to me constantly, but can't help but be disgusted with my mom answers!! Eventually we will be best friends, when we can stand each other!!
love.gif
I am teasing, I love her to death, she is just driving me crazy, as most teens do.

My kids are spread out quite a bit, maybe that is why I am always tired?
th.gif
They oldest turns 20 in May, the youngest turned 5 in February. We adopted the youngest two, and love going through the stages again and have much more patience this time around. Just maybe not as much energy!
hmm.png

Quote:
I think that DD will be taking ME to work today. She is a homeschooled 15 y.o., active with 4-H. Today, she is giving a presentation about chickens to a special education class. I will be her assistant. It should be VERY interesting, to say the least.
D.gif

Wow! You must be really proud of her
smile.png

Quote:
That would have been my oldest, went to his room and didn't come out until he moved out!!
gig.gif
However, my second child, who is almost 18, we have a love hate relationship, she loves to hate me!!
gig.gif
No really, we have so much in common that she talks to me constantly, but can't help but be disgusted with my mom answers!! Eventually we will be best friends, when we can stand each other!!
love.gif
I am teasing, I love her to death, she is just driving me crazy, as most teens do.

My kids are spread out quite a bit, maybe that is why I am always tired?
th.gif
They oldest turns 20 in May, the youngest turned 5 in February. We adopted the youngest two, and love going through the stages again and have much more patience this time around. Just maybe not as much energy!
hmm.png

They are all different, for sure. Mine are both adults with kids and I'm so proud of the people they have become. We went thru a really rough patch with the daughter, but she eventually got her stuff together. She says the one thing that stuck with her during all those mother-daughter talks was when I asked her, "Why would I give you bad advice?" Made her realize I did have her best interests at heart. Now she says it to her own son.

Hi All:frow
Another beautiful day to get out and enjoy all the nice weather.
Welcome to the new ones:welcome I live over by Ionia and have a few chickens and chicks that we have hatched out. They are my pride. I enjoy them so much.
We see Bald eagles around here every year. Two years ago, a young one landed in our yard during a heavy rain storm. It just needed to rest for awhile. It was so big and beautiful, I ran back to show my hubby.
Did you notice the post I made about the big auction in Vickoryville? Don't know if anyone is interested, but thought it was something to consider.
We used to live in the UP a few times and there used to be a bunch of Bald eagles on Deer lake by Ispheming.
God Bless all and have a great day.
wee.gif
:love
bun.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
woot.gif
Myrna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom