katelyn19

Chirping
Apr 30, 2017
hi I candled my dozen chicken eggs from a local farm today. Two were infertile, and all the rest were good. But one of my eggs looks way more developed then the rest. Like i saw a big form and even a darker spot where the eye is. I am wondering if this is an egg that was being sat on whenever I received my dozen. The only issue is this egg looks like 12-14 days along and the rest are three. I only have one incubator and don’t know what to do about the lockdown/ humidity difference for this one dude. I really need some help. Thanks

Well, I does seem to be that it was sat on and there might be a way that you can salvage it. You should be able to leave the humidty the same, but when this egg hatches, you simply take it out (very swiftly, having someone else there to put the lid back on quickly ) Since they are a couple weeks apart you might want to get another little chick to accompany the little "dude." I hope some of this helps! Good luck!

Well, I does seem to be that it was sat on and there might be a way that you can salvage it. You should be able to leave the humidty the same, but when this egg hatches, you simply take it out (very swiftly, having someone else there to put the lid back on quickly ) Since they are a couple weeks apart you might want to get another little chick to accompany the little "dude." I hope some of this helps! Good luck!
Thank you so much! I was really worried about the humidity affecting the little guy,. I’m definitely going to have to hunt down a little friend for him

Back
Top Bottom