I just wanted to update this for future reference for anyone trying to sex their mottled cochin bantams. Stella ending up being a pullet! I got my first eggs at the beginning of January! She's extremely friendly. Almost too friendly! Hehe! She's very curious and always has to see what I'm up to. These are the best pictures I could get of her. She won't sit still! Her comb and waddles even got larger since the last time I updated! Thanks again for everyone's help!
DSC05323.JPG
stella2.png
DSC05318.JPG
DSC05319.JPG

So she DID turn out to be a girl after all! I'm glad for you. Funny thing, my 10 month old bantam cochin pecks at me too. Much like a roo would. Not hard, but more like, "pick me up! Pay attention to me!" She's the only one I can pick up without having to chase, or at least follow for a few steps. Your girl
Pea 8-19-18.PNG
is GORGEOUS! She has lots more white than my "Peabody" does.

So she DID turn out to be a girl after all! I'm glad for you. Funny thing, my 10 month old bantam cochin pecks at me too. Much like a roo would. Not hard, but more like, "pick me up! Pay attention to me!" She's the only one I can pick up without having to chase, or at least follow for a few steps. Your girlView attachment 1679766 is GORGEOUS! She has lots more white than my "Peabody" does.

Thanks! I'm glad too! Yes! I found cochins to be very docile! I've stepped on her toes a couple of times by accident because she follows me so close! Peabody is sooo cute! Were did you get her?! Give her some time. If you look at Stella's early photos, her back was almost all black too. Once Peabody molts I bet you'll be surprised at how much her feathers changed. Plus you live in California where it's much warmer. I live in the northeast. Stella went through some mini molts before winter to prepare herself for the cold. You should post picture of her after her next molt! I bet she'll have a lot more white as she gets older! :)

Got Peabody from a breeder. She's almost a year old now, so I was thinking maybe she won't get any whiter. I will be sure to post another pic after she molts! By the way, she laid her first egg yesterday! Her sister did too, both on the same day, which I found interesting.

Back
Top Bottom