Mountain Peep's Awesome Chat Thread! (All friends welcome!)

Do you like it?

• Yes

Votes: 166 90.7%
  • No

Votes: 17 9.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad and good news.
Last night my incubator started sparking and broke, nearly catching on fire. I unplugged it and put the heat lamp over the eggs and put a heat pad under the quail home and made a small "Nest area" so what I thought was a male could stay warm.
About 4 hours ago I checked the tempiture in the tank and my quail did not run from me but instead only stayed in the "Nest" I made. I picked the quail up to check for injuries. None. Debating on if I should put the quail in the hospital I decided not to but keep a eye on the quail figuring he would be less stressed in the original home. Thinking about how I was not 100 sure "he" was male I decided I would get one of the eggs which I knew was not fertile but gave a chance anyways and put it in the home.
I got the egg and put it in there, this time "he" ran from me, I decided I would check on what was going on 10 minutes later. I came in there 5 minutes after that and "he" was sitting near it but not on it. The most recent time I went in there "he" was sitting on the egg!

Crows like a male, looks sorta like one, I am so confused right now. I know it might be a stupid question but can males go broody?

Lol! He does look older than he is. It has been a long two years, I remembe when he was 7 weeks old and fit in my hand, of course I remember when we first picked him out when he was 3 weeks old and fit in the palm of my hand
lol.png
love.gif
Now he weighs about 50 pounds

lol
Bad and good news.
Last night my incubator started sparking and broke, nearly catching on fire. I unplugged it and put the heat lamp over the eggs and put a heat pad under the quail home and made a small "Nest area" so what I thought was a male could stay warm.
About 4 hours ago I checked the tempiture in the tank and my quail did not run from me but instead only stayed in the "Nest" I made. I picked the quail up to check for injuries. None. Debating on if I should put the quail in the hospital I decided not to but keep a eye on the quail figuring he would be less stressed in the original home. Thinking about how I was not 100 sure "he" was male I decided I would get one of the eggs which I knew was not fertile but gave a chance anyways and put it in the home.
I got the egg and put it in there, this time "he" ran from me, I decided I would check on what was going on 10 minutes later. I came in there 5 minutes after that and "he" was sitting near it but not on it. The most recent time I went in there "he" was sitting on the egg!

Crows like a male, looks sorta like one, I am so confused right now. I know it might be a stupid question but can males go broody?
hugs.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom