Muddy’s Button Hatch and General Button Chat

Pics
774F92A1-12D5-4D70-962C-47E3999F2EBD.jpeg 0BBAD55A-A043-4935-974E-95DE073817E1.jpeg AB3E4E45-CDBA-4659-B252-C480D2922FC1.jpeg 475F3058-4717-4440-9A36-FAFDF43D81F8.jpeg
(Almost) 2 week portraits!! I had to do a quick change of brooder as these guys are getting to that “skittish” age that I didn’t want to risk an escapee....I will probably change over from paper towels to bedding next change

You've definitely got a red breasted in there. Now the wait to see if it's a male like Benjamin :pop
what’s a good age to definitively determine gender? these guys are a few days shy of 3 weeks. i’m getting ready to take more pics!
the finches only hatched 1 baby this time.....it’s around 1 week now....so with the older ones i have 2 pair now. i’m planning to separate 2 of the older babies into a new cage and take them to my mother-in-law for Christmas. I will separate this baby with the other older baby by Valentine’s Day. I’m wondering if I should put a pair of my older buttons in the cage with her finch pair? that way she could get a couple eggs a day too!

what’s a good age to definitively determine gender? these guys are a few days shy of 3 weeks. i’m getting ready to take more pics!
the finches only hatched 1 baby this time.....it’s around 1 week now....so with the older ones i have 2 pair now. i’m planning to separate 2 of the older babies into a new cage and take them to my mother-in-law for Christmas. I will separate this baby with the other older baby by Valentine’s Day. I’m wondering if I should put a pair of my older buttons in the cage with her finch pair? that way she could get a couple eggs a day too!

I wait until 6 weeks to sex. Some are obvious by that point, but I've had some, especially red breasted and blue face, that I've been sure are hens and they end up being late blooming males.

Sounds like a great present for your mother-in-law :)

Back
Top Bottom