Pics
Hey Muscovy club!! I hope someone can help with this! I have a male and female couple that are 3 months old. They are awesome, easy going and led me to get more 😂
So I have 7 ducklings that are about 6 weeks old. They are in a large crate in the coop with the other ducks and my chickens. Since they've been out there (about 3 weeks) the other ducks sit by their crate and the ducklings will lay against the side so they are close to them.
I thought the older two were appearing to be parental with them.
Today I was cleaning the crate out and the ducklings were running around in the coop. My female came running over and the ducklings were trying to get to her through the gate I had up. So I let her in to see what would happen and it looked like she was trying to bite them. They all got freaked out and ran back. I made her get out of the coop and then everyone was fine.
I've introduced new young chickens and she didn't act this way.
Does it sound like she's being mean? Is this a duck behavior that's just with other ducks? I'm going to wait another month before I let them out in the yard just in case.

Hey Muscovy club!! I hope someone can help with this! I have a male and female couple that are 3 months old. They are awesome, easy going and led me to get more 😂
So I have 7 ducklings that are about 6 weeks old. They are in a large crate in the coop with the other ducks and my chickens. Since they've been out there (about 3 weeks) the other ducks sit by their crate and the ducklings will lay against the side so they are close to them.
I thought the older two were appearing to be parental with them.
Today I was cleaning the crate out and the ducklings were running around in the coop. My female came running over and the ducklings were trying to get to her through the gate I had up. So I let her in to see start would happen and it looked like she was trying to bite them. They all got freaked out and ran back. I made her get out of the coop and then everyone was fine.
I've introduced new young chickens and see didn't act this way.
Does it sound like she's being mean? Is this a duck behavior that's just with other ducks? I'm going to wait another month before I let them out in the yard just in case.
She just putting them in their place. I have some that do that and the will run and hide. They definitely will stay out of her way.

She just putting them in their place. I have some that do that and the will run and hide. They definitely will stay out of her way.
That's what I was thinking at first. It was almost like she was trying to herd them back into the coop. She definitely burst their little bubbles lol

Here’s my Brown Barred drake we caught yesterday night.
0F8357A2-56B5-4A9C-9ACB-16AE529158EB.jpeg

Is that Mr. Buttons?! How long was he gone? How did you finally catch him? Is he happy to be home?
Yes, it is! He was gone for 8 moths and my brother caught him when he hit a fence and just stopped trying to get away. He got to heavy to fly. He’s kinda happy....being free ranged for that long he misses that but loves the females. He would try and mate with the honkers.

Yes, it is! He was gone for 8 moths and my brother caught him when he hit a fence and just stopped trying to get away. He got to heavy to fly. He’s kinda happy....being free ranged for that long he misses that but loves the females. He would try and mate with the honkers.
8 months?? Wow!! I would've thought he was gone for good!

Back
Top Bottom