My Alpha Roo Has Alienated Himslef!

Break an Egg

Songster
11 Years
Mar 17, 2008
San Antonio
He was really good friends with speedy, and she is in the garage in recovery after surgery. The other two EE girls have been ignoring him when they all used to be one happy flock along with 4 silkies and 2 new hampshires. He is wanting to mate and no one is old enough yet, so he's been attacking the pullets and yesterday I saw him attacking my silkie roo and sitting on him like he was going to mate with him whether he liked it or not.
th.gif

I let all the chickens free range and he is always by himself, fluffing up and crowing and getting on top of the monkey bars and prancing.
wee.gif

DH says we should keep him in the coop until the girls let him mate. I just think that would be creating more of a monster.
somad.gif

I'm sure everything will be better when speedy gets out of recovery, but what should I do till then?

My light brahma roo has turned into a big brat too. We've learned to hold him if we have treats to give, otherwise he won't let the others have any.
Still, my instinct says not to seperate. They have a pecking order, he's obviously at the top of that order, and I don't think it's a good idea to mess with it. Just MHO.

Back
Top Bottom