My Bantam Barred Rocky Flock has grown

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by L&Schickens, Nov 24, 2008.

1. L&Schickens

L&Schickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    I got 4 more bantam BR's from a friend of mine. A roo and 3 hens. They are of laying age and since he has lights, they should still be laying at least for a while. I don't have lights so I am sure they will quit as soon as they figure out it gets dark here. [​IMG]
    Also, I am taking 3 of them to the show in December. The roo and 2 hens.
    So I now have 7 bantam Barred Rocks in my poultry collection. So cool!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And Loren loves them too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

They are gorgeous! I see that crisp, even barring much more in bantams than large fowl. They are lovely birds.

3. L&Schickens

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    I think I might keep these guys and sell the RIRs I have. [​IMG] My RIR roo has problems breeding his hens. [​IMG]

4. Feathered Wings

Feathered Wings Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Georgia
    I have a trio of these and love them [​IMG]
    Yours are some nice looking chickens good luck with them [​IMG]

5. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    OK Now I want bantam BR's. Love my big ones, the small ones would be so much fun!

6. BethESH

BethESH Chillin' With My Peeps

Does that mean that you'll soon run out of room for your Jaerhons?!? After seeing all your pics, I've decided that I definitely want to go with that breed...so, because I am so big hearted, and such a giver, I will willingly provide a new home for all your Jaerhons. (Can you sense the need for hip boots at this point?!?! It's getting deep!)

7. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

That rooster takes my breath away!

8. L&Schickens

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    Quote:[​IMG] That's a good one!![​IMG]

9. mikarod

mikarod Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Other than the black in the males tail...nice Barred Rock cockerel! gorgeous things!!!

I'll be getting some standards pretty soon...with that kind of barring! [​IMG]

10. L&Schickens

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    I will have to look at his tail up close. That black might be a shadow maybe. Or black in a feather. Easily remedied. Just pull it out!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by