My chicken is acting very weird these days..

KaleDaDuck

Songster
Mar 4, 2019
So my rooster (Mark) is really changed.. His nose makes sounds and he always moves his mouth fast and always open it looks like hes thirsty but i have water in his cage and he opens his wings wide open. .. He sits in this weird way in the middle of the garden where the sun is.. It's freaking 50 degrees! I am so scared this is my first chicken and the first egg i incubated.. So he is more important than any chicken i hatched.. So please help.

Attachments

• IMG_20190812_113444.jpg
    IMG_20190812_113444.jpg
    1,005.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited by a moderator:
Celsius not fahrenheit!!
Oh my! Celsius! That's HOT! (for those of us that use Fahrenheit, formula to convert is ((Temperature in Celsius) times 9, divided by 5, then add 32)... 122* Fahrenheit! Your bird needs ice in their water, or a big old rubbermaid tub filled with water and large blocks of ice to slide up next to, to cool off. Frozen blueberries or bite size chunks of watermelon as an afternoon treat during the heat of the day would make you the VIP in his books, but no more than 10% of his total daily intake of food to keep the diet balanced. Some DEEP shade would be great, and you could probably make some with a sheet of zinc roofing, or a sheet of plywood (whichever is more affordable), leaned up against that tree that he's trying to take refuge under.

Oh my! Celsius! That's HOT! (for those of us that use Fahrenheit, formula to convert is ((Temperature in Celsius) times 9, divided by 5, then add 32)... 122* Fahrenheit! Your bird needs ice in their water, or a big old rubbermaid tub filled with water and large blocks of ice to slide up next to, to cool off. Frozen blueberries or bite size chunks of watermelon as an afternoon treat during the heat of the day would make you the VIP in his books, but no more than 10% of his total daily intake of food to keep the diet balanced. Some DEEP shade would be great, and you could probably make some with a sheet of zinc roofing, or a sheet of plywood (whichever is more affordable), leaned up against that tree that he's trying to take refuge under.
Okay i started feeding him watermelon with very very cold water.. i put his coop in under the tree where there is no sun and i put a plastic sheet roofing, today i brought him a friend from my uncle's farm where everything is air conditioned (btw i live in iraq) from 23C to 40C now, and he died the moment i put him with mark... im starting to get worried should i go put it in the cages, because i am afraid that he is sick and he kills the other chickens because he has been puking ;(

Back
Top Bottom