my chicken laid a golf ball!

Did you find the egg whole or broken with the golf ball inside? I really don't think it's possible for a golf ball to be ingested by a hen and then passed through her system. I've never seen a hen with a mouth big enough to eat a golf ball.

If it was broken, it could be that the hen broke her egg by accident and the golf ball rolled inside of it.

ETA: I see the picture now. I believe it's the broken egg theory. The egg was broken and the golf ball went inside of it.

Last edited:
I don't know why everyone is thinking it was ingested; that would be pooping a golf ball.

The only way this is remotely possible is if someone pushed a golf ball far enough into the chickens vent to shell over. You'll find bugs at times inside shells. I don't believe a ball crawled up the vent all on it's own.

Quote:
Yup. I would say the ball rolled into the broken egg. It doesn't fit right in the shell. With the top of the shell sitting on the ball the way it is, the ball wouldn't properly fit in the egg. I'd say the chickens pulled a fast one on ya
cool.png

For sure, an egg broke in the nest. The hen rolled the balls and eggs and shell around. The ball and shell got stuck together.

No laying of golf balls going on.

I don't see how the golf ball could have rolled inside the shell, as it was mostly encased. I do, however, think the egg may have gotten broken (though there was no residue) and the hen maneuvered the shell around it - kind of like putting the empty candy wrapper back in the jar with no candy in it. Still pretty amazing, since, as we all know, chickens are not the brightest of the bunch.

Back
Top Bottom