My chickens (lots of pictures)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Zach123, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Zach123

Zach123 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2012
    Denver, Colorado
    Here are some pictures of my new chickens, the odlest being about 5 weeks old now and the two little ones being only about 2 weeks.

Dustin (my one year old) and our LF light brahmas T-Rex (r) and Princess Peach (l) on their first day out of the brooder. They are kind of skittish around us big folk but will walk right up t the little one and let him pet them and play with them, lol.
    [​IMG]

The blue silkie, Zepplin, which I am hopeing is a hen because if not the wife is going to be sad. I told her not to get straight run chicks, but, no one ever listens to me.....
    [​IMG]

This is Brunhilda, our buff cochin who is tied with T-Rex for sweetest of the bunch.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    Good looking bunch of chickens. I like the names. Well, if you there is a chance you might have a rooster, it might as well be a silkie. They tend to be a pretty non threatening breed.

3. Zach123

Mar 10, 2012
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks! The wife named them all except Brunhilda. When she was pregnant, I told her if it was girl we were naming her that. We got a son instead so I gave the name to a chicken hahaha. Well, I don't want a rooster because of the noise. We live in the 'burbs and I dont really know any of my neighbors so they'll probably complain. I mean, the municipal code doesn't say I cant have a rooster, but, I'd rather be curteous instead of being "that guy" you know?

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Good for you for being a courteous neighbor. Nice photos!

5. wvgal61

wvgal61 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2010
    Troutman, nc
    :^) nice chicks

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Awwwwwwwww. [​IMG] How cute! Love the pics, and Dustin is just precious with his "babies"! Enjoy!

7. Ilovemyduckies

Ilovemyduckies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2012
    They are soo cute!

8. Zach123

Mar 10, 2012
    Denver, Colorado
    Quote:
    Thanks! I try, Ive learned that it only takes one person to screw it up for everyone, and I don't want to be the person they point at if they decided to ban chickens in my city.

Thank you B.hromada! I love having chickens. I started raising them as a teenager, but had to take a break since they wouldn't let me keep any in the barracks hahaha. Im glad to be back into though and Dustin loves pretty much any little critter he sets his eyes on, and he just can't get enough of the little guys!

9. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    At least with a Silkie rooster, they are likely easier to rehome than your typical barred rock.

10. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

Beautiful chicks! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by