My chickens (lots of pictures)

Zach123

Songster
Mar 10, 2012
Platteville, CO
Here are some pictures of my new chickens, the odlest being about 5 weeks old now and the two little ones being only about 2 weeks.

Dustin (my one year old) and our LF light brahmas T-Rex (r) and Princess Peach (l) on their first day out of the brooder. They are kind of skittish around us big folk but will walk right up t the little one and let him pet them and play with them, lol.

The blue silkie, Zepplin, which I am hopeing is a hen because if not the wife is going to be sad. I told her not to get straight run chicks, but, no one ever listens to me.....

This is Brunhilda, our buff cochin who is tied with T-Rex for sweetest of the bunch.

Good looking bunch of chickens. I like the names. Well, if you there is a chance you might have a rooster, it might as well be a silkie. They tend to be a pretty non threatening breed.

Thanks! The wife named them all except Brunhilda. When she was pregnant, I told her if it was girl we were naming her that. We got a son instead so I gave the name to a chicken hahaha. Well, I don't want a rooster because of the noise. We live in the 'burbs and I dont really know any of my neighbors so they'll probably complain. I mean, the municipal code doesn't say I cant have a rooster, but, I'd rather be curteous instead of being "that guy" you know?

Awwwwwwwww.
love.gif
How cute! Love the pics, and Dustin is just precious with his "babies"! Enjoy!

Quote:

Thanks! I try, Ive learned that it only takes one person to screw it up for everyone, and I don't want to be the person they point at if they decided to ban chickens in my city.

Thank you B.hromada! I love having chickens. I started raising them as a teenager, but had to take a break since they wouldn't let me keep any in the barracks hahaha. Im glad to be back into though and Dustin loves pretty much any little critter he sets his eyes on, and he just can't get enough of the little guys!

Back
Top Bottom