Sorry for the little hiatus.. but it is time for some Ducky updates. We still have Cleaner (Female Pekin), Prince (Swedish Drake), Mal (Female Rouen) and Princess (Female Swedish). We found a home for Lucky since he was becoming aggressive to all of us, and was scaring my young daughters, waiting on updates about him and his new home. The incubation process did not go statistically as well as i would hoped, but out of the 17 viable eggs we have 4 ducklings growing like weeds. 3 looks to be Cleaner X Prince mix while the other is a Mal x Prince mix. Eggs lately have been off, some days have 3, other days can be 1. Wondering if some of them have a hiding spot somewhere. IMG_4673[1].JPG IMG_4684[1].JPG IMG_4686[1].JPG

I would say they are hiding them. Watch them early in the morning. Usually you’ll see one missing from the group. I’d try to find where she’s going. You’ll probably find a big nest.

They have not yet, was thinking about doing that this weekend depending on the weather. - On a side note i have been pondering shipping eggs for hatching, if i start to find the three eggs a day, we do not go through that many, so was thinking of selling on ebay. I however can not find the forumn on here where i seen a great article and video of how to package, clean NPIP criteria for shipping (if i decide to do so). Figured maybe the money if they sell can be used for food atleast.

Their beautiful!! do the adults mind them being in with them?
yesterday was day two of them. But when we let the ducklings out of the house attached behind, they ran into the adult ducks. The rouen decided to peck at her (not known to her) child, and the duckling pecked right back lol.. already rebellious.

Back
Top Bottom