Pics
Sorry it has been awhile, been slightly busy. Ducks are doing well, Lucky has started to become aggressive, he chases after people and bites at everyone. Trying to break him of that if anyone has any ideas. We also have 17 eggs in the incubator, they are due to hatch by this weekend. Hopefully all goes well, some are moving like crazy others not so much.

Lucky is hormonal and needs to have you become dominant over him. And mean it . Every time he goes after someone get him down on his belly hold his head down so he can't bite hold him there for as long as it takes him to stop fighting, once he stops let him up facing away from you. If he comes again do it again. He needs to see you as the dominant one. Your treating him just like another drake would do to him. I went through this with my drake almost 7 yrs ago he is my boy now. It isn't an instant lesson it takes consistency and reminders too . If you have young kids teach them to use the broom to keep him away as soon as he starts for them place the broom between him and them even sweep him away if he won't give up.

Lucky is hormonal and needs to have you become dominant over him. And mean it . Every time he goes after someone get him down on his belly hold his head down so he can't bite hold him there for as long as it takes him to stop fighting, once he stops let him up facing away from you. If he comes again do it again. He needs to see you as the dominant one. Your treating him just like another drake would do to him. I went through this with my drake almost 7 yrs ago he is my boy now. It isn't an instant lesson it takes consistency and reminders too . If you have young kids teach them to use the broom to keep him away as soon as he starts for them place the broom between him and them even sweep him away if he won't give up.
Thank you, i told my 6 year old to use the net to put on top of him so he cant move when he comes after her, when I am not home. My wife ends up picking him up and holding him and holding his beak closed when he does it to her.

Will have to see what i can do.. So latest news just got home, I put the eggs in lockdown a day early since i didnt know how late i was going to be at work tonight. I came home and the humidity was at 78-79% i know it needs more so went to add a little water to it to get into the 80's atleast. Well the lid slipped and landed back on top. (a slight lift and land) but it was enough to i guess scare a duckling in its egg.. I heard peeping from atleast 1 egg. So that means atleast 1 egg has internally pipped. If i remember reading right that means roughly 48 hours. No telling when it internally pipped, and not sure i should try to candle any eggs or lift the lid more than a slight since i dont want to shrink wrap any. @Miss Lydia @Pyxis

Humidity is actually high. 65% or 70% is plenty, don't really want to go over that. You can candle if you want to. With no external pips there is no danger of shrinkwrapping, and you can even open the incubator with external pips if you need to and not cause shrinkwrapping, it's just important to make sure the humidity comes back up after.

The whole 'you can never open the incubator during lockdown or your babies will shrinkwrap and die' thing is pretty much a myth.

Humidity is actually high. 65% or 70% is plenty, don't really want to go over that. You can candle if you want to. With no external pips there is no danger of shrinkwrapping, and you can even open the incubator with external pips if you need to and not cause shrinkwrapping, it's just important to make sure the humidity comes back up after.

The whole 'you can never open the incubator during lockdown or your babies will shrinkwrap and die' thing is pretty much a myth.
So glad i got you guys.. Ok so i guess i some how need to get humidity out then? Now kind of worried about drowning them. Glad i can handle and only have to worry about shrink wrap once external pipping happens.. I will prolly do a candle tonight and see about gettting some humidity out somehow

Back
Top Bottom