My Flock Journey

Pics
I did have Nutmeg but unfortunately she went missing one day.

I have chicks at the moment too. And 2 of the Light Sussex have names so far. Chippy - Looks like it will be a roo and I have a really really little one that the kids have called Squishy.

But I do need to name the others I want the names food related. Thats my theme. My nieces insisted that Squishy has a different name because it may not survive to lay one day.
Cute!!!

I’ve been lurking for some time, but now I can’t resist chiming in that I, too, have a Hazel! She’s my only hen that I’ve raised from a day old chick; I got her in March. She’s also the only one of my flock of 11 that I can pick up and hold. She’s quite a calm, sweet girl.
8BF95F42-6D8D-4CE3-B3D9-B2ECF3D9EFF9.jpeg

I’ve been lurking for some time, but now I can’t resist chiming in that I, too, have a Hazel! She’s my only hen that I’ve raised from a day old chick; I got her in March. She’s also the only one of my flock of 11 that I can pick up and hold. She’s quite a calm, sweet girl.
View attachment 1528616

Shes absolutely beautiful!!!! So the name Hazel must mean that they are survivors. I adore my girl. Shes allowed to do whatever she would like to do. How many do you have in your current flock?

Hey Krystal, is it morning or evening for you? The whole timezone thing keeps me confused... I know you're a day a head of me.

Hi, its morning here. 8:40am. Im on my way to dirt bike racing. My partner and I got free tickets but then ill be home playing with my babies.
Hows your babies going? All healthy?

View attachment 1528616
Aw that is so adorable! I raised my Hazel since right when she hatched and she is now the leader of her flock!

Aw that is so adorable! I raised my Hazel since right when she hatched and she is now the leader of her flock!

My Hazel will be the leader I think until the roosters get to age then that will change. I still think we have 3 roos so if im right im going to be so proud of myself that will be the first time ive sexed chicks ever.

Back
Top Bottom