Votes: 3 42.9%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BarbaKay

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 5, 2012
Hi! I have 10 new 3.5 month old hens - at least I think they are all hens. They are all varieties of breeds. There are a couple that I'm wondering if they may be roosters. They are taller/larger than the rest and someone keeps making a sound like it's trying to crow! Often! Any thoughts? I really never wanted a rooster, but if we were accidently sent one or two, I guess I'll deal with them. Good thing we're in the country!

Hi! I have 10 new 3.5 month old hens - at least I think they are all hens. They are all varieties of breeds. There are a couple that I'm wondering if they may be roosters. They are taller/larger than the rest and someone keeps making a sound like it's trying to crow! Often! Any thoughts? I really never wanted a rooster, but if we were accidently sent one or two, I guess I'll deal with them. Good thing we're in the country!
It's rare for pullets to crow. You likely have cockerels. Please post pictures of the suspects.

Lots of us have hens that crow... but NOT at 3.5 months old. You can bet your sweet britches those are indeed cockerels. :hmm

Being in the country and getting an oops rooster might not be a good reason to keep one. ;)

Pics to confirm? Saddle feathers should be coming in by now..
upload_2019-7-17_7-45-51.jpeg

Also depends on how you define a "crow", Hens will make a heck of a racket when they lay an egg but wouldn't exactly call it crowing,

Back
Top Bottom