My Magnificant BLRW *Picture Heavy*

KinderKorner

Songster
10 Years
Mar 8, 2009
Southern Illinois
I was very lucky this year to purchase some of the best BLRW stock around. My lines are a mixture of Jesse Paul, and Foleys.

They are finally starting to look great. They are only 5 1/2 months old, so their lacing and type is getting better all the time, they are HUGE, but still growing. They are some of the darkest BLRW I have seen. These are the first pictures I took of them. And I do everything manually, and I hate to say it but I let a little too much light in and washed out their color. But I like some of the poses. So I'm to go ahead and put them up. After my cold fingers thaw I will go take some better ones that show their true colors.

Biggest rooster. His colors are eye popping!
ep.gif
But he is a little too orange for me. So he probably will be going.

blrw1.jpg

Splash Pullet

blrw2.jpg

Dark Blue Pullet, Which okay Splash Rooster. Look at that lacing on her chest.
th.gif

blrw3.jpg

Splash Rooster, His lacing is getting better all the time. And his wings are really dark red.

blrw4.jpg

Beautiful Hen
blrw5.jpg

Group of 4. I know it's hard to see. But the rooster on the right is
droolin.gif
. Can you see his type? Short, and bulky, and he holds his tail correct. His lacing is pretty good also. Couldn't get a good up close picture. They were all blurry.
blrw6.jpg

Another pullet.
blrw7.jpg

More pictures to be added hopefully.
smile.png
Hope you like them.

In all honesty. The dark ones feathered out black. I was so sad. Because I thought I got all blacks and a few splash no blues. It wasn't until they were around 4 months old they actually turned blue. It was really weird. And I was thrilled.

Gr. I am ticked. Pictures don't do justice.

You know how hard it is to hold a huge rooster, and try to take a good picture.
tongue.png

Wing Feathers on rooster.
blrw8.jpg

Chest Feathers on different rooster.
blrw9.jpg

They really are darker. But this is the best I got to show.

Thanks everyone.

I will be waiting a few more months then going through and picking the two best roosters to keep.

I believe.... (It's hard to count the constantly moving birds) That I have 7 hens and 7 roosters, or 8 hens and 6 chickens. lol. Not sure.

I have high hopes they will fill out more, and their lacing will finish. Their color constantly changes it's so weird.

Anyway. How much are BLRW eggs worth? I think they are just beautiful, but I have no idea how much is a fair price as far as hatching eggs go?

Back
Top Bottom