My turn to rant... food bank food

Quote:
I dont think peanutbutter really ever goes bad. All that oil and sugar. Isnt it like the number 2 food to hoard for a nuclear halocaust? 2nd to honey? lol.

Miller moth larve probably store well.

Quote:
I dont think peanutbutter really ever goes bad. All that oil and sugar. Isnt it like the number 2 food to hoard for a nuclear halocaust? 2nd to honey? lol.

I agree. I don't think it's bad. It looks fine, but the label is "vintagey" looking and I like it. I bet in like 50 years someone will want to buy it
gig.gif

Quote:

Just a side note; speaking of foods are good well past their "best if used by" date, did you know that jarred mayonnaise, if unopened lasts indefinitely?

Quote:
Dude, just because someone's 300 pounds doesn't mean they don't need to eat and can't be starving LOL

Yes it does! I've done it, I've lived on the street and a pack of saltines and a handful of taco bell sauce will keep you alive for a month. If they're that durn big they don't need to be going to the food bank every week... they should sell their stupid expensive car and get a cheaper one or something... Not coming from a broad generalization standpoint here (although I realize it sounded that way) I know allot of these people, small town syndrome, and they're fat from smoking 'you know what' and are also on food stamps... it's just greed.

Quote:

Just a side note; speaking of foods are good well past their "best if used by" date, did you know that jarred mayonnaise, if unopened lasts indefinitely?

I dont believe you. Serious?

You gonna test that theory? Cause iam not...

Spam however DOES last for all eternity. and I HAVE had occasion to prove said theory. Maybe not into indefinity- but at least a few years past the "use by" date.

Quote:
Dude, just because someone's 300 pounds doesn't mean they don't need to eat and can't be starving LOL

Yes it does! I've done it, I've lived on the street and a pack of saltines and a handful of taco bell sauce will keep you alive for a month. If they're that durn big they don't need to be going to the food bank every week... they should sell their stupid expensive car and get a cheaper one or something... Not coming from a broad generalization standpoint here (although I realize it sounded that way) I know allot of these people, small town syndrome, and they're fat from smoking 'you know what' and are also on food stamps... it's just greed.

I've gotten pretty lardy this winter and I can assure you that my head insists I dont need to eat until Christ returns, my body however disagrees.

I do think people abuse those things- we used to see the same sort of people showing up. Sell the 3 year old caddy and buy some food people!

Quote:

I dont believe you. Serious?

You gonna test that theory? Cause iam not...

Spam however DOES last for all eternity. and I HAVE had occasion to prove said theory. Maybe not into indefinity- but at least a few years past the "use by" date.

Yepper, it's been tested and supposedly the stuff keeps forever which is as good a reason as any for learning to make your own homemade mayo I think.....And I believe you're right about the spam thing too. Didn't they use it as rations in the war or something and then whatever didn't get used was used in the next war?

Back
Top Bottom