My two silkie pullets trying to kill each other?

Farmgirl283420

Crowing
Feb 21, 2023
So I got four silkies and have them in a small coop I raised them from chicks two are girls two are boys the boys hurt the girls when they mate so I was hoping to put the two girl silkies in the main coop but every time we let them out without their brothers they latch on to each other kick scratch peck anything they can do to hurt the other chicken at first I would pick one up so they would stop fighting a few times and got hurt sticking my arm between when they were fighting when I just decided to let them work it out they made each other bleed Belle always starts it and then they won’t stop fighting Belle also tried to hurt a frizzle silkie and some other breeds mix I don’t know what to do they try or it seems they try to kill each other when their brothers aren’t there what do I do?

So I got four silkies and have them in a small coop I raised them from chicks two are girls two are boys the boys hurt the girls when they mate so I was hoping to put the two girl silkies in the main coop but every time we let them out without their brothers they latch on to each other kick scratch peck anything they can do to hurt the other chicken at first I would pick one up so they would stop fighting a few times and got hurt sticking my arm between when they were fighting when I just decided to let them work it out they made each other bleed Belle always starts it and then they won’t stop fighting Belle also tried to hurt a frizzle silkie and some other breeds mix I don’t know what to do they try or it seems they try to kill each other when their brothers aren’t there what do I do?
The mix is one of the girls in the main coop I had them out together. the main girls and two cocks could care less about them but the two silkies hurt each other

Can you separate them and only let one out at a time? Or put the hen who's starting the fight in a separate predator-proof cage for a couple days?

Please, post some clear pictures of your Silkies, their head from the front to see their combs clearly) from the side and the entire body.

The behaviour you describe is rather two slower developing cockerels trying to dominate each other now that the big brothers are no longer around.

How old are they? Have they started to lay eggs?

Please, post some clear pictures of your Silkies, their head from the front to see their combs clearly) from the side and the entire body.

The behaviour you describe is rather two slower developing cockerels trying to dominate each other now that the big brothers are no longer around.

How old are they? Have they started to lay eggs?
They 19 to 20 weeks old their older brothers mate with them so I’m pretty sure they’re girls not to mention they love being held I’ll try to get some good pics of Belle
Here is tilda in the first pic she is sharing watermelon with Belle this was taken maybe a week or two ago I’ll try to get more pics
56FEC4BC-AD2B-4DD0-AC14-B718574C0C63.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom